Saturday, May 17, 2008

Where to begin...

I'm back...

Time is such a crazy thing. How is it possible to feel like I was in Africa for a month one moment and the very next moment feel like I was only there for a day? Crazy, huh?

So much happened, I don't even know where to begin. I'm trying to decide the best way for me to document this amazing experience, to share with family and friends, but also to keep as a sweet memory for myself. I think I will post several of the highlights over the next few days.

I have been up since 4am Ghana time (which is actually 10pm Thursday night MST) because we left Ghana at 5am on Friday morning. I did not sleep well on the plane or last night after getting home, so I have been awake for almost 40 hours. The entire travel time from door to door took 27 hours, yikes.

SO... I am afraid that I may not make much sense at this point. But check back soon... I can't wait to share it with you!

9 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm glad to know you're back. I can't wait to hear how things went in Ghana!

Shannon said...

I keep checking your blog out hoping that you will have something posted about your trip. I can't wait to hear how things went.

PS Cute kids!

The Snow Queen said...

You look beautiful surrounded by the children. I know our Father wants them to have a language they can be taught in.
"And whoso recieveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Unknown said...

What a teaser! I was all excited to read about what happened. I can't wait.

Grammy Staffy said...

I am so glad that you are back sweetheart. I am thrilled at all you accomplished in Ghana. You are amazing! It seems remarkable to me that from feeling inspired as you watched a KBYU program on the church in Ghana you have done so much to help the deaf children there. Who would dream that one young woman could achieve so much and SHE IS MY DAUGHTER. I am overcome with thankfulness for you. I am awed by the way God has blessed you and used you as his hand maiden. Welcome home dear.

Becca said...

Welcome back, I can't wait to hear about the trip. You're amazing!

Lynell said...

So glad you made it home safely. You are so awesome. It is amazing to me the things that you have accomplished. I am so proud!

Baak Talk said...

Erin, you have always been an amazing woman. I have been blessed to call you friend. Now these sweet children will be blessed by you as well! Can't wait to hear more!

Love YA!
~Rebecca

Amy Asay Keele said...

Erin! I found you from Cherlynn's blog. Wow, what you've been up to...man, you are so awesome. I'm so glad to know that you are still working in Ghana. How cool. I actually really regret not going down there with you. Maybe someday! You and Patrick look so perfect together! And you sound so happy, I'm so glad! We are in Moscow, Russia for a while (Jeremy's job). But we come back home to Utah occasionally and I would LOVE to catch up with you...if you're in town!
Love, Amy