I am proud to be an American.
Whether at a parade or the start of a football game, when the American flag goes by I get emotional. The kind of emotional I can keep inside by rapid blinking or perhaps holding my breath for a moment… EXCEPT when there are members of the armed forces, then forget it! I feel so proud I just can’t keep it inside any longer.
I’ve always felt that way.
I love our country. I love all of the opportunities that are available to us.
(I took this picture from our porch today)
.
There are so many things that I am thankful for, especially just returning from another country.
Here are a few of my favorites-
~The opportunity to worship what I believe
~The opportunity for education
~Clean, running water
~Consistent electricity
~Healthy living conditions
~Paved roads
~Laws that keep us safe
I love Memorial Day.
It’s a weekend of BBQ’s, camping, gardening, resting, biking, hiking, you name it and I love it! It is the opening act to summer and all the fun that is to come.
~Healthy living conditions
~Paved roads
~Laws that keep us safe
I love Memorial Day.
It’s a weekend of BBQ’s, camping, gardening, resting, biking, hiking, you name it and I love it! It is the opening act to summer and all the fun that is to come.
(Patrick took this picture today)
But I also love going to the cemetery on Memorial Day to pay my respects to those who gave their life so I can have so many opportunities. I am so incredibly thankful for their sacrifice for all of us.
I see the American flag and I feel so proud!
.
Yep, I'm proud to be an American!



11 comments:
Thanks for the post. It brought tears to my eyes!
Erin, I am the same way! I will never forget my dad (who was in WWII) try to explain what it was like to come home from the Philippines and see the US flag at port. I don't understand those that say it's just a piece of cloth, when it's obvious to all who've served this country (and more) that it's a tangible part of who we are, and what this country's about. I LOVE THE USA!
I'm right there with you on that one. We owe so much to the soldiers who are serving now and the ones who have passed on and also to those people who have helped pave the path that we stand on today. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you! We are so lucky and sometimes need a little reminder. I love your pictures. Wow! It makes me want to stand a little taller. Love you
I feel the same way dear. In fact I started taking pictures of flags that we passed along the highway on the way home. (Dad even got off the freeway once for me to get a better picture.) I love our flag and I love America. (..and I love you.)
God bless America!!
I'm with you and all the other comment givers. And I love the shot of the rainbow and the flag.
Thanks for your comments, Erin! How nice to hear of true-blue Americans. The rainbow shot is great!
I love America too!!! And I love that picture you took from your front porch, it's beautiful.
I totally agree with you! I love living in this country. I started thinking about how much I need to appreciate what I have here, it is a lot better than what I experienced with Barbados. I absolutely adore you, you are the BEST! Have an amazing summer and don't forget to let me know when something happens! :)
I love this post!!! Your pictures are amazing!
Post a Comment