It could be that I was gone for a week and am trying to catch up...
Or maybe that it's the last week of school and I'm trying to finish up...
Or perhaps it's the fun visit we've been having with my parents this week...
.
Whatever the reason, I have not had a chance to finish up the post of my recent Africa trip. For my own personal benefit, I need to do that soon...
Whatever the reason, I have not had a chance to finish up the post of my recent Africa trip. For my own personal benefit, I need to do that soon...
But in the mean time...
.
For example, when I got a sunburn, something they had never seen before, they were so concerned. Each one of them at different times would tell me that they would pray that God would heal me. "Tomorrow it will be better, I will pray," they would say to me. I also prayed long and hard trying to convince Heavenly Father that their strong faith needed to be rewarded by a speedy sunburn healing. Sure enough, the next day my pink skin was a slight golden brown- no more sunburn. When I showed them there was no more burn, "I knew it", was their simple reply.
.
The children are fascinated with airplanes and jump up and down pointing it out to everyone when one occasionally flies overhead. One day, just after we had arrived in Ghana a child asked if we flew there in an airplane.
.
"Yep, we flew here from America."
.
After a moment of contemplation the little girl replied,
"Wow, did you see Jesus up there?"
So sweet... So full of faith!
I go there to help them, but every time I leave I feel like they teach me so much more.




9 comments:
They are just too precious...... just like you! And, I'm not saying that just because I'm your mom. You are precious.
You are such a good person. And i know, i have said that again but i ll say it again because it is so true.
:)
Now that is the kind of faith I need. Simple and pure. You are wonderful. I love your post. Keep it coming. Everything thing you write inspires me.
See you tomorrow. I can't wait!
OH I WANT TO GO BACK! I MISS MY KIDS! I HEART GHANA!
too cute!
Let's get together this week. We're good any day but Thurs.
smile
Wow! What great experiences you have and how much you are touching their lives. Thanks for letting me share in your experiences!
Janae Church
Erin, what amazing posts! You brought tears to my eyes. I have a teaching degree and taught for a year before deciding to stay home. I have always had a special place in my heart for teaching children. What you do is amazing and wonderful!
Thanks for the comment you left on my blog! I hope you visit again.
"Wow, did you see Jesus up there?"
Bless her heart, I love it!
I LOVE that picture of you with the children...so beautiful and so YOU. To me, it captures you so perfectly.
Post a Comment