There are all different kinds of friends...
There are close friends that are like sisters, there are causal friends that make life a much friendlier place, there are friends that you’ve known your entire life, there are new friends you just made. There are young friends, there are old friends. There are all types of friends.
This weekend I had the chance to visit with friends I have not seen in a long time.Heather and I have been friends for over 20 years, wow! We were in the same ward growing up. She came up to Utah for Women’s Conference and we were able to get together on Friday night. Heather is so great! We can talk about ANYTHING and man, she can make me laugh! We had such a great time
!
On Saturday afternoon I we had a BBQ at our house with two of my "single ward" buddies, Kristi and Kathy. I have know them for almost 10 years. We were travel buddies and had the chance to go to Europe, Bahamas, and Cancun together. We are all married now and don't get to see each other quite as often... but when we do have the chance, I feel like we see each other everyday!This is Carma Huish, one of our newer friends. On Saturday night, we had the chance to go to her 85 birthday party. Sister Huish is in our Ward and we get to sit by her every Sunday at church. We sure love her! We have adopted her as our very own grandma. She is so full of life! She is such a great example to both of us!
After this weekend I started thinking about friendship and what a blessing friends are in our life. We all have so many different kinds of friends. I started a mental list and could not believe how long it was becoming. For example...
- Childhood friends
- My family including my amazing in-laws
- High school friends
- College friends
- Friends from my mission
- Single Ward friends
- Work friends
- Past students that continue to be friends
- Ward friends
- Neighborhood friends
- My sweet husband
These friends were always such a support to me.
Growing up we had the best group of Church friends. I loved it then, but am especially thankful now that I had such a good group to hang out with. It made growing up such a joy. I know my parents were very grateful too!
College years are full of crazy fun memories! I served a mission with some of the most amazing people. Without such good friends during my "single" years I probably would have gone crazy! Work friends relieved stressful times (our lunch bunch will forever be a favorite memory). Past students are like little sisters to me (5 of them are listed as friends on my blog). Friends from my ward are lifesavers as we work together in various callings (Girl's Camp??? Thank you Laura). And family... what can I say, I feel SO blessed to have parents and siblings that love and support me so much. And especially my husband, who is my bestest friend and greatest support.
I could say so much about each group of friends. There were always there for me and made each part of my life more rich and meaningful!
Thank you, my friends... I appreciate you so much!



13 comments:
I feel blessed to be one of your friends. You are a great friend to me. Love you.
PS. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the hair! Em got hers cut today too - watch for pics on her blog tomorrow.
I am so glad to have you for a friend...in fact I thank my Heavenly Father every day for it.
I am also very thankful that you picked such good friends as a kid. As a high school teacher I saw over and over that friends make all the difference either for good or bad.
I love you lots. Mom
The most important thing to a friendship is trust and support. And I am glad you have friends that support you :)
I believe friends are the most (or at least one of the most) important things in everyone's life.
:)
Loni's poster in her room says. "A true friend is lifes greatest treasure" Isn't it the truth?
They are all so lucky to have you in their lives. You are awesome!
XXXOOO
I am really glad that I have friends too. I jog with my friends at school. My friends are really special
You have such cute posts. I love it!
Hi again dear. E.J. added a video to his blog. You can check it out. He forgot to add his name to his comment he left you but then he saw his picture and said"they will know my picture is me." I bet he is right. Love ya. Mom
We were so lucky to have such a great group of church friends growing up. And I say anyone who is your friend is lucky.
I had such a fabulous time visiting with you! It's funny that we can take up where we left off each time we see each other, so nice to have such a great friend! Hope to see you again soon! Corona Stake reunion on Saturday July 12th at the beach, I hope you can come down!
Thanks for taking off that security thing. :) Have fun in Ghana. You are amazing
Oh my goodness!!!! And I forgot to say I'm so glad you are my friend! How could I forget. You are amazing and have changed my life in so many ways. I will always be grateful for you. Lots of love!!!
You're so sweet. I think the words from Wicked's "For Good" sums it up..."Because I knew you...I have been changed for good." What would we do without friends?
Post a Comment