Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

I know, I know... I'm behind again. :)

Father's Day was so much fun! We started off with biscuits and gravy, one of Patrick's favorite breakfasts, opened gifts and still made it to 9am church on time... maybe just a minute late:)

I was thrilled to find these daddy and son ties. I know giving a tie on Father's day is so cliche, but this was perfect! Patrick held Cal the whole time at church, he's such a proud daddy. My boys looked so very handsome!
I was also thrilled to find this children's story book- in SPANISH! Now, as part of our night time routine, Patrick reads Cal a story from it. E-V-E-R-Y night, Cal starts to giggle as Patrick reads. I read books to Cal all the time and never get quite the same reaction.
My boys know how to have fun! More than one time I have walked past Cal's room to find this going on... when Patrick changes his diaper he puts his shorts on his head. Cal smiles the whole time- he thinks it's funny too!

When we are out and about Patrick loves to carry Cal around in the Bjorn carrier. As I mentioned before- he is a very proud papa!
Patrick, I love you so much! You are such a great husband and father. I love to watch you with Calan... you are so patient, so loving, so helpful. Thank you for who you are and all you do!

Cal simply adores you... and so do I.

Happy Father's Day!

12 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

and we adore him too.... we are thankful that he is such a good husband and father...and son-in-law.

We love you both so much.
Give both of your boys a hug from us.

Grammy Staffy said...

and we adore him too.... we are thankful that he is such a good husband and father...and son-in-law.

We love you both so much.
Give both of your boys a hug from us.

Grammy Staffy said...

and we adore him too.... we are thankful that he is such a good husband and father...and son-in-law.

We love you both so much.
Give both of your boys a hug from us.

Grammy Staffy said...

and we adore him too.... we are thankful that he is such a good husband and father...and son-in-law.

We love you both so much.
Give both of your boys a hug from us.

Wendi said...

Okay Grammy...we get it...you adore him and are thankful. (LOL)

What a beautiful tribute to a very deserving new daddy.
Happy Father's Day Patrick!

Laura said...

I love to watch you two with Cal, he is SO blessed to have both a Mom and Dad that have so much love to give! (and you both are quite funny too)

Baak Talk said...

How funny, Danny does the same thing with the shorts too but they're usually on his head too (when they get older)! Must be some kind of guy sense of humor thing!

Tricia said...

In that tie picture, you can almost see what Cal will look like as a man! He is so dang cute with those ginormous jowls! LOL Maybe next year you'll be adventurous enough to do a handprint shirt for Father's Day!

Amandawhatever said...

Hey this is Amanda how are you i loved to see you again oh don't worry i forgot it was fathers day then i had to wake up my mom and then i go him some erraings and then a pair of moutain shoes so i gave hime the eraings and he said i don't wear erring so i got to keep them see ya love amanda

kim said...

hey erin!!
hope you don't mind, but found your blog on facebook adn i've been loving getting all caught up. oh my gosh, cal is such a cutie!! congrats! i'm so happy for you guys.

Shannon said...

Patrick looks like he is having so much fun being a dad. Calen is a lucky little guy, that is for sure.

And I know I'm late too, but happy happy birthday Erin dear. Hope you had a wonderful day.

keatonkisses said...

My darling couz that I never get to see, it was oh so delightful to see you and especially your handsome baby boy! I've been reading your sweet blog and I'm trying to hold back the tears. As long as I can remember, I have just adored and admired you. Thanks for being so warm and friendly to me and my family, I hope you know that I love you! I'm happy that I can see your family grow via blog! xoxox's-for cute Cal ;)