Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I LOVE this month!

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

I know phrase usually applies to December and Christmas time... and that truly is a wonderful time.

But JULY?

It's got warm weather... watermelon... parades... camping... family... BBQ's... birthdays... anniversaries... our annual river trip... I could go on and on.

This month makes me giddy with glee, hence the month long hiatus on blogging.

Let's start at the very beginning, cuz of course it's always a very good place to start.
.
The 4th of July. Seriously, we love it!

Every year is similar to the last and we would have it no other way. We had so much fun introducing Cal to our routine.
We start off with the Provo Freedom Festival Parade. This year we headed down with our good friend Melissa. I was worried about Cal and all the loud noises, but he ended up sleeping the ENTIRE time. But secretly I know he loved it!
.

We always head over to my sister's husband's sister's house (did you follow that?) She and her husband have a great pool and they are always so gracious to invite over the whole bunch of us. The pool was a fabulous 90 degrees. Since Cal loves bath time so much we brought along his swimsuit. Yep, he is a little water baby!

Lonica is such a great cousin!! She changed Cal into his swim attire and fed him his dinner before swimming. He sure loves his Loni- Lou!


We enjoy an evening of Karaoke and then fireworks in their cul de sac. Patrick melts my heart every time he picks up that microphone. Man can that boy sing!
Once again we were worried about Cal and the loud noises, but to our utter surprise he slept the whole time. Our little guy is a professional sleeper! Today he is 3 months old. I can hardly believe it! Time is flying by and he is getting so big! We can't even remember life without him! I love our country. I love seeing the Veterans in the parade. I feel so proud as I see the American flag go by. It puts a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye.

I'm proud to be an American and am thankful for such a fun holiday to celebrate it!

3 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Fun and touching post Erin!! It's so good to see you and Patrick and little Cal and to read of your adventures together. You make me smile in a very big way every time I read your words. xxoo

Grammy Staffy said...

I am glad that you had such a nice 4th. Blyth is so sweet to invite the family over each year. What a fun holiday you had. The only thing wrong with it was I wasn't there with you.... oh well....we were there 3 weeks later and that was great.

Amandawhatever said...

Hi this is Amanda i love cal well he is so cute