Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Our Cali Trip... Continued

My whole life I have been blessed with great friends.

Growing up there was a big group of us "Mormons kids" that loved hanging out and having good clean fun. Every weekend we would travel to a different youth Stake dance to meet cute boys. It was so much fun!! I always felt lucky to have such a good group of friends to hang out with, but never realized what a blessing it was till I was a bit older to appreciate what we really had... friends with high standards that were a good example to me. My parents never had to worry that we were out doing bad things because as a group we would never let another friend make a dumb choice. :) We were far from perfect and on more than one occasion told to remove our ice blocks from the hill at the park, but for the most part, in our little group it was "cool" to stand up for what we believed and "CTR"... Choose the Right.

While in California I was able to meet up with some of my closest childhood friends, Rebecca, Heather and Melissa. They now have several children, but as we had lunch together it was as though we were still in high school laughing about silly things- as if no time had passed at all. Our good friend Shannon was in Spain with her husband (lucky girl!!) but we will catch her next time!

I loved introducing little Cal to them... it was so much fun!

E.J. is quite the baseball player. We were able to go to his game- watch him pitch for an inning and even hit one way into outfield. He kept telling me before the game that he was going to play his best for Cal... and he did!

My parents were lucky enough to find a cruise for an INCREDIBLE price that week- the only bummer is that they were not with us for the first couple days of our visit. As soon as they returned Grammy would not share Cal with anyone- smile! She said that she had to catch up on her snuggle time... and she did! Both My mom and dad could not believe how much Cal had grown in such a short amount of time.
My mom's best friend Silvija has always been like an Aunt to our family. She loves us just like family! We were thrilled that she could drive up with her husband, Ron, from San Diego to meet our Calan. She knit the adorable hat Cal has on in this picture and found a lovely baby book for adoptive families- how great is that? She also gave me a sweet figurine of a mother and baby- I love it!
Before too long it was time to pack up and head home. Our trip went by much too quickly, but we enjoyed every minute of it!
.
We were so impressed with Cal... he traveled like a champ! He slept most of the way but when he did wake up he would look at me with the facial expression "Am I still in this crazy car seat?" What a trooper!

Happy first Road Trip Little Man!

9 comments:

Lori said...

Baby Cal is the cutest little guy!!! glad you had a fun Cali trip!!!! so fun so see how you are doing.

Leslie said...

What a little road trip champ! I'm totally embaressed to admit but, our trip to San Fransisco will be Gabe's first big road trip too...and hes 3. :) Hopefully he will do as well as Calan!! How fun that you got to meet up with your old friends! I love that too!

Baak Talk said...

So fun to take a walk down memory lane!

I am not one of those people that lament the past and wish I were younger. I am enjoying every stage of my life.

I AM so grateful that I am able to continue to share these stages with my dear friends like you!

Tricia said...

So cute! What fun to be with so many friends and family members! He's still just as handsome as ever, even if his newborn clothes aren't fitting anymore! ;)

Marie Rayner said...

Oh Erin how wonderful that you got to meet up with your Californian friends and introduce them to Cal!! I loved seeing your mum and dad with him as well. I know how very happy they are to have been able to add Cal to your lovely family! As Lawrence Welk would say, wunnerful, wunnerful!

kerry said...

He is getting so big!!!

Grammy Staffy said...

You surely crowded lots of fun things into your short visit. We loved seeing you even if it was only for a couple of days. Having you here made it much easier to end our cruise. Having you guys at our house is far better than taking a cruise!!!

Sorry that I wouldn't share little Cal very much....no I'm not.... I can't help it that I am addicted to him!!!

We made it back to CA with no problems....except that we miss all of you so much. I still haven't finished unpacking but I am driving over to get our Heidi gal in a minute. The house doesn't seem so empty when my four legged daughter is home.

Much love, Mom

Amandawhatever said...

Hi this is Amanda he is just so cute see ya

Grammy Staffy said...

Hi again Honey. Would you and Pat please hop over to my blog and vote on my blog poll. I need your blog support. Thank

I am sending love to all of you