Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cal's first trip to Cali

Patrick had some business in California and Cal and I were lucky enough to get to tag along... ROAD TRIP!!! We were extra excited because we would finally be able to introduce our little guy to my sister's family. While Patrick worked hard, we played and played!

Our first night there was E.J. and Claire's open house at school- it was so fun to see their classrooms and meet their teachers. They are both great students!
The very first morning I went downstairs to prepare Cal's bottle and asked E.J. to watch him for me. When I came back this is what I found... all 3 of the kids giving Cal cuddles. They sure love their new little cousin!

They all wanted a turn to feed him his bottle...

Claire
E.J.
Even Austin!
Every time we went somewhere there was a moment of begging to sit next to Calan in the car... at the restaurant... at home. He was quite the celebrity. Here we are at a yummy restaurant and E.J. was more interested in his little cousin than eating his food.
Cal loves when you sing to him. We sing songs all the time. When he is fussy, just start singing and he calms down... it works every time!
Check this out-


We sure love you guys! Thank you for a wonderful time! We can't wait to see you again soon!
There were lots of fun things that we did including a girls night out, time with Grammy and Grampy a visit with old friends that I will post soon...

8 comments:

Baak Talk said...

so fun to see you and meet Cal! Hope you have many more road trips down this way!

Marie Rayner said...

OH, it does look like Cal had a great time meeting his cousins and it sure looks like they enjoyed him! What a lovely voice little Claire has! Erin, you are such a good mom. It shows in every word and photo. It's so nice to see you so happy and content. Motherhood becomes you. (((hugs))) I'm so happy for you and Patrick!!! XXOO
I bet Grandma can't wait to get her mitts on him again!

Lori said...

Love the song by your niece!!!! that is the cutest thing ever!!!!!

i know i know...i need to meet Calen and also julie's Anna.

bad lori!

DeAnna said...

Those cousins are adorable! Singing worked on my fussy babies too. I had a routine of songs for that and when I put them to sleep.

Grammy Staffy said...

That was a fun trip... too bad we missed part of it..but it was still nice to see you for a couple of days. We all surely love our little Cal. What a blessing to have him in our family now.

I flew in from David's yesterday afternoon. We enjoyed Justin's graduation. I can't wait to see you. Here we are only 80 miles apart and my arms are itching for some Cal time. I can't wait to see you tomorrow. I surely wish that I didn't have to go home so soon.

Love, Mom

Amandawhatever said...

Hi this is AManda so cute

Leslie said...

tooo cute! Gabe loved singing too :)

Shannon said...

I am still sad that I was on vacation while you were here for this visit. I really wanted to get together with you guys.

I also talked to Janet last week, remember from our little brick house @BYU. She says hi and is just thrilled to hear about Calen.