Patrick is a Spanish speaker. He served his mission in Chile many moons ago!
I am always encouraging him to speak to Cal in Spanish so we can have a super smart bi-lingual child.
All day long I am talking to Cal... telling him the plans for the day. Telling him how much we love him. Telling him how long we have waited to have him join our little family. Talking, talking, talking...
One day I walked into the room and heard Patrick speaking to Cal in Spanish. "Cal can"t understand a word of what you are saying" was the thought that came to my mind.
Then I just had to laugh outloud- because in my mind he can understand every English word I'm saying... and secretly, I know he can!
Family is the best!
7 years ago



3 comments:
Beautiful picture of Father and son Erin. I bet he speaks the language of love and that he understands it very clearly from the two of you!
Great idea to introduce Sapnish! The window of opportunity is from now to 3yrs of age., then it begins to close. Teach him and he will learn:) Love you both!
Jenny
Cute picture, and YES!! Make him speak spanish to Cal! Dayne has never once done it with any of our kids and I hate that they've missed out!
Post a Comment