Monday, May 11, 2009

Because of you...

This Mother's Day was all I ever dreamed it would be!


It started at 4am with a feeding, a rocking and a diaper change... It was perfect!

As I held our little guy tight, I felt so much love I could hardly keep back the tears- I am so blessed!

I am so blessed because of those around me that have blessed me with this opportunity...
Because of you...
.
So long I dreamed you'd come find me
And you and I would become 'we'
Patrick my darling, the love of my life
Because of you I am a wife
.
Dear birth-mother, what can I say
We thank God for you everyday
A sacrifice given above any other
Because of you, I am a mother
.
Calan David, our precious son
Our life with you has just begun
My heart's so full, no more longing
Because of you I am a mommy
.
Heavenly Father my special friend
You've loved me always, without end
You see in me the very best
Because of You I am so blessed

14 comments:

Lori said...

that is a beautiful poem. i am so glad that you and patrick were blessed with your little son.

Tricia said...

Just perfect! Loved holding that little guy yesterday, he certainly isn't hurting for attention, that's for sure! LOL

(((HUGS)))

Shannon said...

Erin you were one of the first people I thought of yesterday. I am so happy that Calan has come to your life. I love that you're a mom. And I love that adoption has brought so much love to both of our lives.

hoLLy said...

beautiful picture and beautiful poem! so happy your dreams have finally come true!

Kate said...

I love this post! I loved your sweet poem for those that you love. It was an interesting mothers day for me as well and I can't wait until next Mothers Day when I get to hold my little darling! Happy Mothers day Erin!

Gina said...

Erin, that is so beautiful. I'm so happy for you and Patrick.

Becca said...

I have to say that I loved watching you as the primary children sang...and especially signed on Sunday. Word's cant' express how happy I am to know that you are a mom!

Baak Talk said...

Erin, you are a treasure!

Marie Rayner said...

Beautiful post Erin!! I am so happy that you are a mother. I am so happy about answered prayers. On a side note I used some of that barbeque spice yesterday here on some steaks. Yummo! I will be sad when it's all gone.

Marla said...

So beautiful Erin. We are so happy for you both too - I can only imagine how sweet Mother's Day was for you.

We are hanging in there. Not much longer now....thank heavens....

j- said...

Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day to me too!!

Amandawhatever said...

Hi this is Amanda how are you guess what i won queen on my solo and i know this is late but happy mothers day love amanda

Grammy Staffy said...

What a lovely post my dear daughter. This was the best mother's day I ever had.. I thought of you all through the day with joy in my heart.

I am so happy that you are a mother now. My joy is complete.

It was wonderful being with you... even though the time was brief..
I absolutely LOVE your beautiful poem. It is special.. and so are you. Much love, Mom

Lynell said...

So sweet! You are such a great mom. We are so happy for you and your little family. We love you.