I am a huge LIME lover.
HUGE!
Our favorite restaurant is an all you can eat Brazilian BBQ with the most amazing food. But, my favorite thing on the menu is their fantastic Lemonade, which is actually a Limeade.
It is heaven in a glass. Seriously!
~
I Googled it, found this recipe and have made it several times. It tastes exactly the same. And to me, it is HEAVEN!
It is the PERFECT summer drink. Tart. Sweet. Yummy! You GOTTA try it!
4 Limes
1 cup Sugar
1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk (maybe a touch more)
6 cups Water
Lots of Ice
~
Wash the limes thoroughly. Cut off the ends and slice into eight wedges, leaving the peel on. Place limes in the blender with the sugar, sweetened condensed milk and half the water.
~
Blend in an electric blender, pulsing for only a couple seconds about 3 times (this will depend on the power of your blender. If you blend too much it will become very bitter. The pulp should be blended up, but most of the peel should not). Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove the lime rinds.
~
Add the rest of the water. I usually pour it through the strainer to pick up any left over flavor. Stir and pour into a glass with plenty of ice. WOW!
~
Don’t make it too far in advanced. It tends to turn bitter after a few hours.
~
That's it! So easy and so good!
This recipe claims to serve 8... But not at our house!
.
Let me know what you think!!



25 comments:
Oh Yum! This sounds and looks delicious! I will definitely have to make this!
This sounds delish!
Chad and I were in Cancun last summer.
They served lime with everything.
We liked limes before.
We love limes now!
Even the gym at the resort served lime and cucumber in the ice water.
Can you say refreshing?
Thanks for sharing.
This will be made tonight!!!
My mouth is already watering! This looks like the PERFECT drink for Dayne. Darn it all, I just got back from the store, now I have to go back for limes! ;)
That sounds yummy! We will enjoy it I'm sure! Thanks for sharing.
yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy
Erin it's amazing that with your cooking skills that Patrick isn't a big fat albert by now!
Smile
Honey you read my mind. I have been craving that lime drink so I bought limes the other day. I meant to ask you how to make it when we were on the phone today and I forgot....but you posted it anyway. You are amazing!!!
Your lime addiction may be hereditary. I've loved limes since I was a little girl and used to get cherry lime drinks at the soda fountain every time we were there.
Well, I send love and I'm off to make my favorite of all time drink from your recipe. I can't wait.
I love this new recipe thing that you're doing! I made those PB cookies the other night and they were SOOOO tasty! I hope you don't mind if I share it with others on my blog too! Thanks for the idea! Oh and I'm so excited for the limeade, I've been testing stuff out to imitate the Tucanos stuff but I'm excited to have an actual Recipe!
O.K. I made it. I love...love...love it!!!! It is exactly like our restaurant drink... oh, so good!
I think that it only serves one. I intended to have it with dinner tonight but I had a hard time saving a class for pop. Just kidding....I saved him 1 1/2 glasses. thanks for the recipe dear
ohhhh My mouth is watering. That sounds delishhhous. Tonight I made Citrus lime chicken skewers and cilantro lime rice; I wish I had checked out your blog before dinner. Your lime drink would have topped off our dinner just right. I'll have to try it another time
That looks so good Erin! I will have to make some of that for Todd and I when our hols start in a couple of weeks time. Wait, we're having a barbeque with some friends then as well, so maybe I'll make some for all of us! Thanks so much for sharing!
I was going to e-mail you this, but I don't have your e-mail addy so will have to say it here! I racked my brains last night for some ideas for a dessert for your get-together. 150 people is a lot of people to come up with something quick and tasty for! I finally thought that you could go with the s'more theme except kick it up a notch and use different flavours...such as gingersnaps with a dollop of lemn curd and then the marshmallow, coconut cookies with perhaps raspberry jam and marshmallow, chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter and marshmallow, etc. You get the idea. I think the piece de resistance would be homemade cranberry and vanilla chip cookies with some seedless raspberry preserves and marshmallows. Hope these ideas sound as yummy to you as they did to me. Oh, and we have a really simple dessert over called Eton Mess...it is simply broken up crisp meringues stirred into whipped cream as well as fresh raspberries stirred into the mix...heavenly divine and oh so simple.
Oh, that sounds soooo yummy! I can't wait to try it. We love sour stuff in our house. Thanks for sharing that recipe.
Thanks for the recipe! It sounds really good. Braxton especially is a lime/lemon lover, so I think he will really enjoy this drink. There aren't many drinks, other than water, that he likes.
I remember this drink. Was it at Tucanos?? That was sooo good! I have to try this.
This is Tasha. My FAVORITE song on your blog is "Anyone Else But You" by The Moldy Peaches! The first time I listened to that song I was in a girls car named Charity for a youth group,and I thought it was the funniest song that have ever heard. I am listening to it now it is halarious! I want to listen to it again and again!
Love,
Tasha
Hey! This is cami...I do the Cami Scraps! kate was telling me you were needing a project done and was wondering if I do digital..I do lots of different things! so let me know exactly what you are thinking and I will let you know if I can do it! My e mail is camiscrafts@yahoo.com. Thanks...by the way, this recipe does look great!
I just made this....
I. am. in. heaven.
So good and refreshing.
Thanks again for sharing.
Hello =]
Gosh, you remind me so much of my mom. She loves lime and our fridge always has it!
=]
Made it...Drank it...Loved it!!!
This is so good...I'll be linking to your site from mine so everyone can use that recipe! Mmmmmmmm! We actually had a little leftover so I put in an ice cube tray to make little popcicles. Thanks again for the recipe :o)
You Mom says you may be heading to MB.
Have you been before?
We are a 3 hour drive from there.
We have been quite a few times.
If I can help with any ?'s... just ask!
Have a great trip!
You will love it!
Okay this is totally going to make you jealous but yesterday I got a bag of about 25 limes from Mo. I have already made a few batches. Delish. Thanks for the recipe. I love you
I tried to find an email address on your blog.
I didn't see one.
Sorry to put all this in the comment section.
Great place to just veg out and relax.
Great food.
Everything from The Melting Pot to Seafood Buffets.
You will not go hungry.
Not sure if it is the two of you or if you are going with kiddos.
If kids are in the equation...
you must do alligator adventure.
My kids love that place!
Live reptiles everywhere, hourly shows, feedings, gift shop.
Also Ripley's Aquarium.
Great aquarium!
It is in a great shopping area too.
I think it is called Boardwalk.
Great shops. Great food. Boat rides. Mini golf. Fun!
They have some fantastic shows.
Carolina Opry is a well done variety show. We laughed and had some great family fun.
Legends is good too.
Medieval Times is a great show if kids are going.
They serve fabulous food, that must be eaten with your fingers.
They have knights who battle on horseback.
Very entertaining for young and old.
Of course there is always the beach, and the hotel itself. Most of the hotels have pools and lazy rivers. Sometimes we rarely venture off the hotel premises.
Enjoy your vacay. I think we may have to plan a long weekend there soon. You have got me needing a little MB!
Yummy! I made it for our Fourth of July barbeque. Would you mind if I passed it along?
I'm so glad I found this recipe! I finally got around to trying and I love it! Is it alright if I link to this page from my blog? Or I can just copy the recipe. Glad I could come look around!
-Allison (John's wife)
Hey Mrs.Mcgibbon,
Awesome lemonade... I miss our asl classes so much. I think I'm gonna visit your ASL2 in the first day of school just to fool around.
ps: Did you know that in Brazil we call this lemonade, Russian Lemonade? lol
See ya
Post a Comment