Last week we got the chance to play parents.
It was fun…
So, so fun!!
Johnny, my 11 year old nephew stayed with us for a whole week and we LOVED every second of it!
He had an elite gymnastics camp that he signed up for. Luck for us it was over an hour from his house and only a couple minutes from us. He was at the gym from 9-3:30 everyday but after that, he was all ours!
One night we went to the newly opened Harley Davidson’s Motorcycle shop. So cool! They had a great little café that was so yummy!
Another night we went flying at the park and Patrick taught Johnny boy the how to fly his model plane. It was a gorgeous night! It started to sprinkle and it felt so good!
Patrick and I needed to get fingerprinted for our adoption stuff and Johnny came along. The lady was so nice she did Johnny’s prints as well. We even had fun taking his mug shot. He had the hardest time keeping a straight face. What a cutie!! Wow Johnny, you're looking pretty tall!
.
Any time Johnny got a new skill at his camp he got to pick a prize out of the prize box. He brought home lots of fun prizes! One day he brought a Karaoke DVD set. We sang at the top of our lungs! What a blast!
We stayed up way too late EVERY night… shhhhh… don’t tell his mom… she might not let us do it again.
We love you Johnny!
We can't wait to do it again!



14 comments:
How wonderful Erin! You are going to be such a good mum to that baby you eventually are blessed with! I want a wii!! They look like so much fun. I keep seeing the ads on telly for the Wii fit and I want one of those as well. I guess I better get saving my money!!!
Thanks for sharing your fun week with me. Johnny is actually really good at keeping me updated but it is so fun to see pictures and get the rest of the story.
Thank you so much for letting him stay. He was so excited and it was so nice for me to have him with you. You are always so generous and spoil us all.
I love the mug shots. So cute!
And about the staying up late. We can discuss that later. Ü
Ah how fun! You got a RC plane! We are so going on an outing when we get back and flying out little RC devices :) Its a date you better plan on it!
So this is so random, but I found your blog through the R House blog. (I try and read it to keep up on inspirational adoption stories.) So I was looking at your blog, reading about Johnny. I was thinking about a cute little guy I had in my second grade class my first year teaching. And then... there was Johnny, my cute little second grader, although not a second grader now! I don't know if you remember me, but you came in my class last year and did a presentation about Africa. So fun that I found your blog. Good luck with your adoption stuff. We haven't found our miracle yet, but someday!
Staff! Hi how are you! I hope you don't mind that i found your blog! You are so darling and i can't wait to try your Lime Lemonade. I loved your post with your nephew because i remember when i was in your little asl class you LOVED talking about your outings with your neices and nephews. Great memories! Glad to see your doing well.
-Carly Anderson
No fair, I wanted the kids while they moved!! LOL Johnny has always had a special place in my heart (shhh!)... when Dayne and I met he was the baby, just 1 1/2, and he LOVED anyone that would tickle him and shoot hoops in the living room with him... Little Johnny with the missing front tooth, **sigh**
You and Patrick are great! I know that our sweet Johnny had a great week with you. What fun! And thanks for sending Lynell's birthday present back with him. Love ya, mom
Next time you want to play parents... I have three kiddos I can loan you.
How cute is Johnny?
Looks like you guys had a great week.
The mug shot...hilarious!
He's a lucky kid getting to spend time with you and Pat. You guys are fun and both so good with kids! He's the happiest little criminal i've ever seen. :) I love the mug shots!
I'm so excited for you and your husband with the aption thing. My husband and I are pretty new to it all too. I find that I'm learning so much. It's quite the ride! But I know that in the end it will all be worth it. What agency are you going through? We are with LDS social services right now. But, we decided that after a year of waiting, we'd look into other agencies- and the year is up...
Well, I can't wait to read more about your fun adoption journey. Good luck!
Hey Erin, this is Lori from the temple. I read christine's blog this morning as i always do and it was cool to hear that you shared your sign language skills with her achievement day girls. very neat. i bet the girls loved it.
see you tonight.
Hey! okay yes blogging is the funnest thing!! I have to say we made your limeade last night and it was a huge hit!!! My entire family loved it :) That will become a regular for us now. We are getting married July 25th. My little sister got your address but we can't find it. If you could email me it at carlyanderson3@gmail.com that would be awesome. And i know i cant wait for married life. You guys look so happy and i am so excited for you!
How cool! What a great aunt and uncle you guys are!
Post a Comment