The 4th of July is one of our favorite holidays.
For three years in a row we have celebrated it EXACTLY the same way. You could call us creatures of habit, but we like to call it tradition!
We get up early and head over to see the hot air balloons. My favorite balloon looks like a strawberry. Patrick’s favorite is the big pink pig.
Then we head over to the parade. We love our little community! It’s so fun to see several of the high school bands and colleges, local leaders, bag pipe groups, children’s singing groups, even the LDS missionaries get a place in the parade- over 100 of them! I love that part!



Our favorite is when they have the fly by- Patrick can name the planes every time. We also love when the war vets and the flag go by. Everyone stands and cheers as they pass. I have to choke back my emotion. I feel so proud to be an American! Also, this year Glenn Beck was the Grand Marshall- how cool is that??

After the parade we head up to my sister’s, sister-in-laws house. (can you follow that?) She has a swimming pool and we swim ALL afternoon. Also we always play a vicious game of pool volleyball. We eat and eat and enjoy being together. When it gets dark we set up our chairs in her cul-de-sac and light up the fireworks. So much fun!
The 4th of July is a perfect day of patriotism and family fun!
We LOVE it!!
We get up early and head over to see the hot air balloons. My favorite balloon looks like a strawberry. Patrick’s favorite is the big pink pig.
Then we head over to the parade. We love our little community! It’s so fun to see several of the high school bands and colleges, local leaders, bag pipe groups, children’s singing groups, even the LDS missionaries get a place in the parade- over 100 of them! I love that part!
Our favorite is when they have the fly by- Patrick can name the planes every time. We also love when the war vets and the flag go by. Everyone stands and cheers as they pass. I have to choke back my emotion. I feel so proud to be an American! Also, this year Glenn Beck was the Grand Marshall- how cool is that??
After the parade we head up to my sister’s, sister-in-laws house. (can you follow that?) She has a swimming pool and we swim ALL afternoon. Also we always play a vicious game of pool volleyball. We eat and eat and enjoy being together. When it gets dark we set up our chairs in her cul-de-sac and light up the fireworks. So much fun!
The 4th of July is a perfect day of patriotism and family fun!
We LOVE it!!



8 comments:
sounds like fun! wish I could be there too.
We always look forward to our fun time together on the 4th. And this year was wonderful.
I love your great traditions and that patrick can name all of the planes. I think my favorite balloon would be the pink pig too!
You guys seriously lead the most fun lives! Love it! And could your hair be any cuter? You make me want to cut mine! AHHH!
I love Glenn Beck. Dave always makes me watch him. (Dave is a total news junkie)I don't think I knew he was LDS until I watched his tribute to Pres Hinckley. I'm so with it these days!
Happy belated Fourth!!!
Sounds like a perfect weekend.
Glenn Beck... wow!
* love your cute new "do"!
Sounds like you guys had a great time:) It's strange, but we do something different each year. We usually try to get together with friends, but this year we were too caught up in the festival. I would LOVE to see those balloons. Sounds cool!
Love, Jenny
Looks like it was the perfect 4th of July. They don't have a holiday like that over here. I wish they did! Perhaps next year I can be an honorary American and celebrate it anyways!
I just love the 4th of July! I mean come on...who can't love the fireworks? Haha. By the way..did you cut your hair? It looks so cute! It definitely looks how mine did when I cut it last...you copy-cat :D
Post a Comment