Monday, June 23, 2008

Fun with my Hon'

We just got back from a great little mini-vacation.
.
Patrick needed to go to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for some business. We decided this would be a perfect opportunity to head up to Yellowstone and enjoy the beauties of the earth.
.
Holy cow… it was AMAZING.
.
This was my first trip to Yellowstone and I loved every minute of it.

Patrick is an incredible photographer. Here are a few of my favorite shots.

Old Faithful...


These were the hot springs- such beautiful colors!

We saw LOTS of wild life. Can you see Patrick in this picture? :)
A herd of about 100 buffalo caused quite a traffic jam. No one seemed to mind

This crow posed for us

These grizzly bears were about 50 yards away. Phew, we survived!

My cute husband pulled the car over and told me he would be right back. I looked up to see that he was picking me this adorable flower. The camera was in my lap and I snapped this photo.

It was a PERFECT day!

The sun started to set so it was time for us to go.
These are the famous antler arches in Jackson.


EVERY night we stopped for ice cream. In this picture I think that I'm deciding Patrick's Peanut Parfait is looking better than my chocolate dipped cone. I'm pretty sure I helped him eat this one!

We had a wonderful time. My favorite part was being with my baby. We love road trips!
What a blast!

14 comments:

Marla said...

Dave showed me the pics you sent him on his blackberry during Sacrament Meeting yesterday. I'm juggling 3 kids, hungry and tired and he shows me these beautiful shots....I was so jealous! Looks like such a great time!

Kate said...

How cool!! I've wanted to go to Yellowstone as long as I can remember, thanks for sharing the pictures!

Unknown said...

Those colors at the Hot Pots are unreal! Wow, Patrick is a really good photographer!

Becca said...

I'm so jealous. I really want to take my kids up there and this makes me think I should do it sooner rather than later. I'm so glad that you guys had such a good time, although the bears would have scared me a bit. Also, how sweet is Patrick--I love the flower!

Grammy Staffy said...

I love the pictures and I'm glad you could have such a nice trip together......but I think since you enjoy road trips so much that it is time to make one to the Staffy inn in beautiful so. Cal. Don't you???? Love you. Mom

Marie Rayner said...

Looks like you and Patrick had a fabulous day together! I have always wanted to go there and now I feel as if I have done! I think I'd have gone for the Peanut Butter parfait myself! (but then again, I'm a glutton!) I know, Me bad, very, very bad!

angela said...

Wow, what beautiful pictures. I'm so glad you guys had a great time. Thanks for sharing. One day I'd like to get over there to see all of that beauty...for now, we'll enjoy our east coast.

Tricia said...

You are SO cute, always complementing your hubby! It's awesome that you adore him so much, and it's pretty obvious he kinda likes you, too! *wink* He's sure a keeper!

What fun pictures! LOVE the buffalo and bears! And the hot springs? WOW. Thanks for sharing!

If you'll be at Blythe's for the fourth we will talk then for sure. Have a great week!

Helen mdk said...

Oh, it is so nice there! And I lovew the photos you took. Especially the beautiful colours of the hot springs. They are amazing =]

I will steal ur ice cream in the last photo, the one with the chocolate hehe =D

:*

Unknown said...

Your trip looked like so much fun. My son enjoyed your pictures, too!

The Snow Queen said...

Ahh to be foot lose and fancy free. I feel like the only place I go is preschool then target, then dance then target, then to the dry cleaners then to target then to Stater Bros then target then to Home Depot then to target then to Kaiser then to target. Well, you get the picture. Yellowstone is so fun we haven't been there since we were just married. It seems like so long ago. Actually, it will be 9 tomorrow. Some days it seems like 20 minutes ago I was watching him at the Young Adult Activity wondering how I could "catch" him.

Grammy Staffy said...

Hi again dear. In case you haven't read chef Marie's blog today go there. She names you in her post and sends you love.... isn't she sweet!!! You deserve the love of course but I think it is nice when others beside me tell you... that way you can't say "You say that because you are my mom". See everyone thinks you are a sweetheart. Love ya

Anonymous said...

Lovely!!

You should feel honored! :o} My hubby looked at your blog! He has always wanted to go to Wyoming and see the sights so I wanted him to see your pictures. I think it only fueled his desires more!

Baak Talk said...

we visited yellowstone 3 years ago in August. We were prepared for white water rafting, horseback riding... it SNOWED, coldest in 35 years! We spent our money on warm jackets. but it was beautiful. The animals were super active cuz it was cold out, beautiful, spectacular. Even Bryce, who was only 4 asks when we can go back. Wow, did heavenly father create something awe inspiring there.