Oh my goodness... have you ever had the chocolate layered cake from Costco? It is heaven on a platter, seriously heaven!
A few days ago we had a birthday party at our house for a good friend of ours. The party was cleaned up and everyone went home, but there sat half the cake. My will power lasted all of about 3.5 minutes. Cutting a whole piece would be too much, so I grabbed a fork and just took a bite. I put the fork in the dishwasher and walked away. Soon after, I had to pass through the kitchen again... another fork, another bite. Pretty soon all the forks were dirty so I pulled one out of the dishwasher, licked it off and decided to leave it on the cake platter for (near) future use. Well, just one piece would have been the healthier option. Because I didn't want to serve up a whole piece I ended up eating about 1/4 of the cake. It's a conspiracy, they add some sort of addictive substance to their cakes... could be the thick chocolate frosting between each layer, the moist chocolatey cake, the actual pieces of chocolate shavings on the outside??? Whatever it is, I'm hooked!!



3 comments:
Dear Daughter,
That addition must be hereditary because I had it long before you were even a twinkle in my eye. A good relief society friend told me that you only get 1/2 the calories when you break a cookie in half and eat one half at a time. It stands to reason that the same would be true for chocolate cake eaten one fork full at a time. However, by looking at me you can tell that there may be a flaw in her theory. Of course you have nothing to worry about. Endulge and enjoy. Life is too short not to enjoy chocolate. Luv Ya dear, Mom
This is so funny because EVERYTIME I go to Costco I see that darn cake and I want it. But I resist getting it because I can only imagine how many calories I would burn through before having the sense to throw it out. When you come in April, maybe we'll splurge together!
That cake IS really good and I always hope it turns up at a potluck.
Post a Comment