I love Easter. I love that it is in Spring time and all of the rich symbolism that is associated with it... new life, a fresh start.
We had a really great Sacrament meeting yesterday and the speaker brought up a point I had never thought of…
The cross is often referred to as a tree. When you think of it that way, and understand that every tree bears fruit… He literally is the first fruit.
Then when you recall the words of Nephi referring to the tree of life, “And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the fruit thereof; and I beheld that it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted. Yea, and I beheld that the fruit thereof was white, to exceed all the whiteness that I had ever seen. And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desireable above all other fruit. ” 1 Nephi 8:11-12
The whole passage seems to have new meaning to me. I always felt it was referring to Christ’s love, but the symbolism is perfect, so beautiful! He is there waiting for us to "partake of the fruit of the tree" and to "fill my soul with exceedingly great joy." He atoned for not only our sins, but our sorrows, our pain, everything… He is our peace. He rose again, and we too have the opportunity for a fresh start, a new beginning every time we utilize the atonement. We know this, it’s just a great reminder of how blessed we are.
He lives and He loves us. He knows our pains- because he suffered them. Through Him we can overcome ALL things! What He has to offer is "most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted". I need to trust in Him and not my own understanding.
I am still learning, but this much I know.



7 comments:
Beautiful testimony Erin. Thanks for sharing your insights. I have always admired your faith and the way you express it in words. I'm glad that we have had the chance to be friends here.
I too thank you for your testimony and the new insight. How blessed we are that we know that our redeemer lives and that if we will go to Him, He will make our burdens light. I am thankful that my sweet mom taught me this from my youth. I am thankful that my dear children also know that it is true. I love you, Mom
Thank you for waking up in the wee hours on Sunday morning to get us your testimony for the egg hunt. I'm so glad that it made it in time! It was an important addition!
Thank you so much for making our day so special! I am so grateful for you and what you mean to our family. We are blessed to have you and Patrick so close. You are both such an example to our children who love and look up to you. We all love you!
I never thought of that before either. Thanks for sharing. :)
Erin, I love your Easter message. It's beautiful. I'm so excited you're a blogger too! Let me know when you want to get together and start working on your blog because I'm totally into it! Also, I know you're into working out lately, have you thought about tranning for a half a marathon? I'm thinking about it. I, for sure, don't have the time for a full marathon, but a half might work. Let me know!
Beautiful, sweet and insightful.
Post a Comment