Today was a great day.
Sometimes I think I need an event to write about... but today there was no milestone reach, no life altering experience... it was just a great day.
We now have church at 1pm. Most of the time I would complain to have it so late, but for our little man it is perfect. He can get in his morning nap, eat lunch and be ready for church generally right on time.
Today both he AND Ellie went down for a nap at 10am. AT THE SAME TIME? Yes and it was heavenly. Patrick and I snuggled up and for the first time in a very long time we took a nap as well. Yes, it was heavenly!
Cal did pretty well during Sacrament meeting. Luckily our cute little neighbor came and sat with us. Cal loves her and she helped a ton!
Patrick took Ellie to Sunday School and I headed to nursery with Calan. He has not been in a while, we are trying to keep our little ones free of the runny noses, but today I thought we'd give it a shot. He did really well. In fact he did so well I was able to go to Relief Society for 45 minutes before he started to cry and needed his mama. Ellie sat with me and smiled at all those around us as I listened and learned from the lesson. It was wonderful and I will admit I have missed going to all 3 hours of church very much. It fills me up and make me feel new again.
We came home from church and had a family over for dinner. They have a 3 year old and a 1 year old little boys. Cal was loving it! We definitely need to have them over again soon!
Also, Brooke (our amazing birth mom) came over for just a bit. We were able to spend time with Brooke, her parents, brother and sister in law yesterday. She forgot something here and came to pick it up. It is always a blessing to see her!
Just a day on our life... a great day!
Family is the best!
7 years ago



4 comments:
Great days sure are blessings Erin. I am glad that you had one such day! It sounded pretty special to me! xxoo
Aren't days like those the best? Nothing major or super amazing happening, just life. Sweet little ones that make life amazing! So love it!
Sundays are so refreshing! I'm glad you were able to have such a good one!
We need to do lunch. My schedule is so random that it's hard to plan something but I'll send you a text if I'm in Utah county and hopefully we can meet up. I want to see your little ones. :)
I am glad that you had such a nice day dear. I can't wait to see the babes next Saturday....and you too of course. See you then.
Hugs, Mom
Post a Comment