Friday, December 4, 2009

Happy Halloween!

We have approached so many "firsts" with our little Cal. As he is getting older and more aware, each "first" has become more and more fun!

For the last SEVERAL years Halloween has been spent at my sister's house with her cute family. For the last couple of years she has organized a pot luck soup dinner with family and friends. Yum! What a perfect way to warm up before tackling the outdoor chill.

Cal was so funny in his costume. When I put it on him he would turn his head quickly from side to side. I'm sure he could feel the horns on his head...

Our cute little blue monster

Cal just stared at Johnny... he wasn't scared... but the look on his face said, "Johnny, what's up with the make-up?"

Monster vs. the Skeleton Man

I was a Gypsy and Patrick was a BYU Fan (ha ha)

We walked around with the kids to trick or treat, but Cal and I only went up to one door. Poor little guy, he only got to suck the outside of the wrapper. He loved it just the same!
Next year buddy, just wait till next year!

Such a fun night and another check on Cal's list of "firsts"

4 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Yayy, I get to be first!!! What a cute lil monster!!! I love it. Oh Erin he is just so sweet!! It was so much fun getting to talk to you when you were at your mums!!! It made me miss you guys even more!!! Had to love Patrick's unique costume by the way! It's just so . . . Patrick!!!

Leslie said...

He is SO cute! We are so sad that we won't get to see him anymore except online :( boo. Hope your Thanksgiving went well!

Lori said...

Calen makes a very cute monster! And you all looked great!!!

Grammy Staffy said...

I love your little monster...You and Lynell look cute too...my blondies! It sounds like you had fun. It looks like the costume I altered for Loni fits o.k. I'm glad because I did it right before I we left and I wasn't sure it would fit right.

I am glad that you go up and celebrate with Lynell's family. We always go to Mindy's. Holiday times are meant to be spent with family. Love you, Mom