Anyone who knows us well know that we are true blue BYU fans. In fact, I'm pretty sure Patrick bleeds blue! We both graduated from BYU so it goes reason that we would be loyal Cougars... but it goes deeper than that!
In fact, I will share a little secret... we shop at Costco pretty regularly. (that's not the secret:) At Costco they used to have blue grocery carts and red carts. Patrick would only use the blue carts, even if it meant searching a bit for it... I would say 1/2 of his casual wardrobe dons the BYU logo. Yeah, they man is loyal!
I have a good friend in my ward and she is perfect in EVERY way... except one. She is a Ute fan. We just don't understand.
Every year right before the big BYU- U of U football game we can expect some kind of surprise from Becca. The banter back and forth is awesome and makes the rivalry extra fun.
This year she got us... she got us good. In fact, so good I don't think we can ever, in a million years, top it.
We drove back from Cali for Thanksgiving just in time to make it to the big game. As we pulled into our drive way we got the shock of our life...Here is a close up...
How did she get these picture of Cal in the crimson red?? We were so confused!
And then it hit me.
Almost 2 months before she offered to babysit Cal for us. I thought she was so kind to offer- but really her evil plot was about to unfold. She dressed him up, snapped the photos and then had our other good friend photoshop them into this poster.
But wait, it gets worse.
When I called Becca (I was laughing so hard I could hardly breathe) she said something to this affect... "I made a FEW extra copies into a postcard size and put them on our neighbors doors"
At church on Sunday friends came up to us the entire time questioning the postcard taped to their door. We said just one word... "BECCA" and they started to laugh.
This year the Cougars won on the field. But really Becca, you win!! :) Good job!
Thanks for making us smile!



8 comments:
I still can not get over this. It is the funniest thing ever. I can't even imagine Pat's face when he saw this on your house. Becca definately out did herself on this one. It is just too funny....however, I hope that it will not stunt Cal for life. He made need some counselig after this tramatic experience of being dressed as a Ute. I'd look in to it if I were you. Hugs, Mom
p.s. I sure do like your blog that tells me you have made a post...cool idea...thanks
That's pretty funny! Looks like you've got some great friends.
When we got the postcard we were really confused at first. But within 5 minutes I had figured it out and knew exactly who had done it. She got you good!
tee heee heee...that becca. she's tooo smart. but oh so funny! we got one the day we moved, and gabe still loves looking at Cal
that is so funny! but she can't change Cal's true blue BYU heart!
He's so cute he can be a fan of whatever he wants!
I am just seeing this Erin! I can imagine how shocked you two must have been. How funny though! What a talented and imaginative friend, and I agree with Heather! He's so cute the world is his oyster! Merry Christmas, love you three loads and loads! xxoo
Who is this Becca? She sounds pretty clever to me!
Post a Comment