Wednesday, October 29, 2008

True Love

I don't like blood.

I don't like raw flesh...

It makes my stomach do weird things.

You may be wondering what this is...
This is a picture of true love.
A few weeks ago Patrick had a little spot removed from the side of his head.
I went to the doctor's office with him.
I held his hand until they made me move to the other side of the room.


Days passed and it was time for the stitches to be removed.

Patrick had an early meeting and would not have time to go to the Dr. office that day.

So he asked me to do it. I told him he was crazy.

He offered me money, big money. I told him he was still crazy.

Until I saw him in the bathroom trying to remove them with a razor blade- himself.

I rolled my eyes and told him that he owed me... big time.

With the removal of each stitch I couldn't keep the grunts of disgust to myself.

I dry heaved, more than once.

These suckers were stuck in there good.

Yeah, only because of true love.

I love you, my Frankenstein lover boy!

16 comments:

Annie said...

Was this recent? Because I swear I've heard this story before?! I know, it was amazing to talk to you! I miss you like crazy. I've haven't seen Grace or Anne yet, but I'm on that mission. And so far, the feedback is that everyone would absolutely love you have to come teach songs! :)

Kristi said...

Now THAT is true love. Don't know that I could do it. I'd be afraid his head would burst open! eeekkkk

Kim said...

that IS true love! I would have rescheduled his appointment!

Becca said...

It must be love--you're such a good wife!

Grammy Staffy said...

I am proud of you dear....what a brave wife you are.

I think that is going the extra mile....but what about poor Patrick??? What was he doing while you were digging stitches out of his face? Pretty brave of him too I would say.

Love you both. Mom

Baak Talk said...

THAT'S TRUE LOVE!!

Marie Rayner said...

You and Patrick are a wonderful couple. I love you guys. Love is being where you are, not because you have to be there, or because you need to be there, even when it's not the easiest or happiest place to be, but being there coz you just cannot imagine being anywhere else . . . (((hugs)))

Cathy said...

Holy Cow! That really is true love!

Lori said...

Erin, you are brave. And truly in love with Patrick to do that!

Derrell said...

I agree. That's real love!

Shannon said...

That made me a little sick to my stomach just reading about it. You are a good wife.

We made the candy apples tonight. The boys had so much fun. What a yummy, easy, cute, treat.

Heather said...

True love!!!! Steve had surgery on his wrist last month and he was not able to make his one week follow up appt. The next one they had was this week, 4 weeks after the surgery. He looked like frankenstein, I did not offer my services because I was mad he did not follow docs advice and he was out playing hockey the week after surgery!

Erin said...

Hello!!! We missed you on Halloween!!! We found your house and you weren't there!!!! Well anyway we miss you ALOT!!!!!! I hope you are doing fantastic!!!
-Erin Horne

Mandy said...

EWWW! yeah, that's gross. He's so lucky to have you, Erin. Only someone who loves him very much (or a doctor) could do something like that for him. I'm sure with his strong stomach he couldn't imagine what was so horrible about the whole deal. :) Can't wait to see you after Christmas!!

Annie said...

I think you need to check your answering machine :D Where were you on Halloween little missy?

Camy and Jimmy said...

Erin, i miss you... usually you would call me and ask me to come over and do the dirty work (pulling stiches out of Patrick's head) Smile... I'm planning on calling you tomorrow, so go ahead and set aside about two or three hours to catch up with an old friend... P.S. i love your guts!
P.P.S. Ding, fries are done!