Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Best Thing EVER...

Patrick and I LOVE being Uncle Patrick and Aunt Erin. It is the best thing EVER! We wish all of our nieces and nephews lived close to us. We would have them over everyday and play until the sun went down.

Last week was Emma's 8th birthday. We planned to go to Kentucky, but decided to keep it a surprise and not tell her we were flying out. When my brother picked us up from the airport, he called home to Emma and told her that he was bring her an early birthday gift and to get ready for a big surprise.
.
This was SO much fun!
Throughout our entire visit Emma would come up to me and, for no reason, give me a tight squeeze and say, "I can't believe you are here". Oh, melt my heart.

Emma had lots of visitors: my parents from Cali, my sister Lynell and Lonica my niece from Utah, and her other grandparents also from Cali. It was a FULL house and so much fun!
.
We got to do lots of fun things...

Halloween was great with a bunch of cute trick-or-treaters! We had a Little Bo Peep, a Supergirl, a Bumble Bee and a Batman. My mom was a nice witch and my dad, well, he escaped from the loonie ward. My cutie Patrick was a perfect Charlie Brown, so I decided to be his crush, the Little Red Headed Girl...We also got to be there for Emma's birthday party, a "pampering party". Lynell did the girl's hair super fancy, the grandmas and my sister in law painted fingernails and I got to do the make-up. We're so girlie!

But the highlight of our trip was being at Emma's baptism. The Spirit was so strong.

She is such a sweet little girl! We are so proud of her!We love you Emma! Happy 8th Birthday!

14 comments:

Derrell said...

Sounds like a great time!

Grammy Staffy said...

Wasn't it a wonderful visit. I just loved every minute of it. I was so happy that you two and Lynell and Loni came. That is so sweet of you girls to support your little niece and be there for her special day.She was so glad to have you and so were dad and I.

I love you all very much. What a great family time we had together. What a blessing.

Marie Rayner said...

OH my but it did my heart so much good to hear the joy in your voice and see the joy on your face and your little niece and nephew's faces as well! What a joy filled reunion! Loved all the pictures and hearing about all the fun things you did. What a wonderful time you all had! Family times are the best of times. Congrats to little Emma on her 8th Birthday and her Baptism! Way to go Emma!

Marla said...

Oh Erin - we love you both and are so, so, so glad you were there. You both make my kids so happy - we sure love you. Can't wait till Christmas!

Tricia said...

You have such a great, fun, FUNNY family! How awesome to be able to share those precious times together, especially sweet baptisms! You 2 were so cute as CB and the LRHG, LOL!

Kim said...

You wanna be my aunt??

Baak Talk said...

Aunts are so awesome! I know you have the biggest fan club ever!!

Isn't fun to see our brothers all grown up with their own families? Where does time go?

Lynell said...

Those few days we spent together will be a time I will cherish forever. What a great weekend. Thanks for making it so much fun!

Annie said...

So that's where you ran off too eh? Haha. Man, why don't I have an Aunt as sweet as you?! :) Can I adopt you as my Aunt here now?

Anonymous said...

You are hands down the best Aunt in the entire world. Seriously. No one hold a candle to you. Lucky little girls to have an Aunt Erin.

lacey said...

Hi Erin...
Nice to catch up with you!
Thanks for the reminder. Go to:
www.laceyspractice.blogspot.com
to grab your edited header.

If it doesn't work, just leave a note on my blog with the problem.

:)
Take good care and baby prayers are with you.

Shauna said...

I ♥ your blog! Thanks for sharing :)

The Dumpert Family said...

Charlie Brown and the little red-headed girl. I LOVE it! It's perfect!

Shannon said...

Okay you win the best aunt and uncle award for sure. How wonderful to get to be there for Emma's baptism, she will always remember your visit for sure.