I love Thanksgiving. I love the turkey, the stuffing, the pumpkin pie... I love it all.
I love that Thanksgiving gives us the opportunity to think of all the blessing we have and how much we have to be thankful for big and small.
I started a "thankful list" in a word document today and couldn't believe how quickly I got to 100.
1. For my marriage to my sweet husband
2. For the laughter in our marriage
3. For all the kind things Patrick does for me
4. For my family that loves and supports me
5. For nieces and nephews that I love so much
6. For our home
7. For being able to teach high school for the last 10 years
8. For being able to travel the world
9. For living in a beautiful state
10. For having the mountains all around me
11. For beautiful sunsets
12. For e-mail
13. For food to eat
14. For Patrick’s job and the blessing it is for us
15. For new windows on our house
16. For sweet friends that care about me
17. For little friends in our neighborhood who come over and visit
18. For our health
19. For the blessing adoption will bring to us
20. For a thick steak
21. For my thick white comfy anklet socks
22. For cute Sister Huish, who we get to sit by at church every Sunday
23. For My computer
24. For my love of cooking
25. For Mario Kart Wii competitions with Patrick late at night
26. For the beach
27. For my car
28. For faith
29. For the power of prayer
30. For the Temple being so near and being able to go so often
31. For big white puffy clouds
32. For BYU football season tickets with Patrick
33. For painted toenails in the summer
34. For distinct seasons and the unique beauty they bring
35. For the opportunity to serve a mission
36. For peppermint herb tea
37. For fresh pineapple
38. For the good friends I have in Ghana
39. For having the opportunity to volunteer in Ghana
40. For the opportunities I have to trust my Heavenly Father
41. For the Food TV Channel
42. When Patrick bring me flowers- just because
43. For Costco-smile
44. For a comfortable and warm bed
45. For a daily HOT shower
46. For a husband that confesses to love everything I cook
47. For good books
48. For Patrick’s incredible singing voice
49. For crunchy leaves in the Fall
50. For the Spirit of Christmas
51. For surprises
52. For the chance to be with family during the holidays
53. For homemade chocolate chip cookies
54. For the knowledge of sign language and the opportunities it has given me
55. For the Scriptures
56. For back and foot massages from Patrick
57. For memories of a great childhood
58. For a knowledge of where I came from, why I’m here and where I will go when I die.
59. For Patrick being my human heating pad every night
60. For my grandmother, who saw the very best in me and who I adore
61. For my cell phone
62. For my fingers and toes
63. For people that are good examples in my life
64. For chocolate
65. For swimming pools
66. For Patrick’s strong manly hands
67. When Patrick texts me just to tell me he loves me
68. For fun chick flicks that make me laugh
69. For music that makes me smile
70. For hot soup and grilled cheese on a cold day
71. For AC in the summer and the Heater in the winter
72. For digital cameras
73. For shooting stars
74. For past students that have become good friends
75. For inside jokes that make me smile
76. For a hope that one day we will be parents
77. For my parents and their marriage
78. For my washing machine
79. For being able to live in a free country
80. For blogging and keeping in touch with family and friends
81. For our yearly river trip
82. For a husband who is a kid at heart
83. For clean running water
84. For more jackets than I need
85. For a knowledge that I am a daughter of Heavenly Father
86. For amazing in-laws: parents and siblings
87. For our garden in the summer- YUMMY tomatoes
88. For happiness in my life
89. For a husband that will listen to me go on and on and on…
90. For my education
91. For the chance to eat dinner with Patrick every night
92. For church callings
93. For a Prophet to guide us
94. For General Conference to learn from our leaders
95. For ice cream
96. For electricity
97. For yummy smelling lotion
98. For fresh flowers
99. For experiences that help me to grow
AND
100. I am thankful for my Savior and His infinite sacrifice for all of us!



16 comments:
Thanks again for the reminder of all of the WONDERFUL things that we have here :) You always inspire me to be a better person! Love that about you! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
We're thankful for friends like you! You inspire and amaze everyone who meets you!
You did it better than me, I should have known! LOL It was perfect, all of it (except I'd interject Dayne's name where Patrick's is ☺). See you soon!!
♥♥♥ Tricia
Erin, I am thankful for having met you and your lovely mom and sister. You have all blessed my life in so many ways! You are such a beautiful young woman and so very inspiring to me. I just know that HF has a perfect plan for you and Patrick! I pray for it every day! I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving! Lots of love coming your way from across the sea! XXOO
Wow- my thankful list was not as developed as yours! thanks for reminding me of so much more that i have.
You are great.
Beautiful list!
Oh my dear daughter....you are so precious to me. I love your thankful list.
We do have so many things to be thankful for.....you and Patrick are high on my list that is for sure....along with your siblings and their families. I just don't know what I did to be blessed with such wonderful children but I surely am thankful.
Keep being faithful and thankful dear girl and I am sure that you will be blessed with a baby and all will be well.
Love you lots, Mom
I'm thankful for YOU! After Thanksgiving, you, me, and our hubbies! Its a date :)
I'm Thankful for having ASL in my life and really thankful for you that introduced me to this wonderful language... Have a awesome Thanksgiving.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
I love your list. I feel so grateful now :)))
Amen.
IT is amanda mingl remember HAPPY THANKSGIVING love amanda mingl
My only problem... how can food be # 13? Come on it must be in the top 5 on my list!
Hi it is amanda how was your thanksgiving i had a good one one thing i am thankful for is that i have a family and i am blessed. Love amanda mingl
What a great list! I love reading your blog! I got to talk to your sweet mom, what a treat! She is so great! I will talk to my friend Knight and see how he would like to go about the blind date thing. I will let you know! Hope you all had a great Thankgiving!
Post a Comment