Friday, October 24, 2008

A Good Laugh...

I needed a good laugh.

Patrick can always make me laugh.
His wicked computer skills hit the spot.
When I saw what he had done to this picture I laughed so hard my stomach ached.
It was the best abdominal workout I have had in a long time.
It brought happy tears to my eyes.
*
I am extra thankful I am a girl... I would have made one scary boy. But, Patrick on the other hand is quite pretty- don't you think?

Laughing is good for you.

I remember my freshman year of college- being stressed out of my mind- multiple tests to study for, papers to write, working etc. As roommates, we would sit in a circle and on the count of 3 we would laugh as hard as we could for no reason. Our bodies didn't know we were faking it, but after a minute of deep hearty out loud laughter we felt more calm.

Sometimes you just gotta fake it till you make it.

I just did a Google search:

Dr. Lee Berk and fellow researcher Dr. Stanley Tan of Loma Linda University in California have been studying the effects of laughter on the immune system. To date their published studies have shown that laughing lowers blood pressure, reduces stress hormones, increases muscle flexion, and boosts immune function. Laughter also triggers the release of endorphins, the body's natural painkillers, and produces a general sense of well-being.

I'm no doctor... but we can't afford NOT to laugh.

Find a reason, any reason!

You can increase the health of the people around you!

Extra endorphins??

Bring it on, baby!

17 comments:

Kim said...

That picture is disturbing!! But I laughed so hard! Elder Wirthlin talked about laughing in Conf. Didn't you love that story about the blind date?! Thanks for the laugh.

bows and more said...

Love the picture! too funny! Oh I left you a comment below! P.S. I love all your music on your blog! I hope its ok I copied you!

Lori said...

That is hilarious! I think we all have come to the conclusion that it is a good idea that Heavenly Father made you both exactly how you should be. Phew. ; )

Miss you at the temple!

lilli said...

Oh my godness,I have never seen anything as creepy and as funny as that picture!!!!!!!!!!

The Dumpert Family said...

Well, this is really funny, but sort of creepy too. When Pat and I were little, pleople used to ask Mom if we were twins...now I know what he would have looked like if he was my "twin". Thanks, I really needed a good laugh! This is my last weekend of classes and I needed a good belly laugh to calm be down.

Love, Jenny

Annie said...

Haha! I love to laugh for no reason whatsoever! How are you? I feel like we haven't talked in forever! Maybe cuz we haven't? (*hint hint*) I hope life is good right now. I love you! Everyone from the level 2 classes sends their love as well. :)

Mandy said...

Ok... I am creeped out, but I can't stop laughing either. I really needed that today. It cracks me up the way his head is tilted and he's on your back like a little troll or something. Very scary :) just in time for halloween.

Shannon said...

That is too stinkin funny. You make a cute? couple.

I'm gonna go tell Derek a joke right now, we could both use a little stress relief.

Marie Rayner said...

Laughter is the best medicine Erin. It's been long proven to be so. I think you and Patrick are a lovely young couple, but I agree, he's much better with his own face and you with yours!!! That did give me a chuckle though! Keep smiling dear friend. God loves you and so do we! :-)

Tricia said...

Patrick IS perfect for u! Now he needs to morph your faces together to see what your kids could look like!

The Snow Queen said...

I'm sorry but I have got to say this... You make the ugliest dude I have ever seen. Thank goodness you have hair! Patrick is no Sarah Palin (beauty queen) either. See gender is born into us. That picture is proof.

Unknown said...

Mrs Mcgibbon! i miss you! everyone probably agrees with me on that one. and we all could have you back!

Grammy Staffy said...

I'm laughing so hard I may wake the rest of the family....sooo funny....thanks Patrick for the fun... I can't wait to show it to Marla, Dave and Dad.


Oh...so funny!!!!

Can't wait to see you. We are having so much fun. Love, MOM

Becca said...

You were right--that is creepy--hilarious, but creepy!

Anonymous said...

That is disturbing staff haha

Nicole Christensen said...

HAAAAALARIOUS!!!!!!!

JoElle said...

Thanks...too funny!