Ok, so I have been out of it for a while. Patrick's family came to visit for a week and we had an AMAZING time with them (that will be my next post), but I got a bit behind with blogging and commenting. I am excited to catch up with all of you!
My sister tagged me, so here is my List of 5
5 Things On My To Do List:
1. Pick up Patrick’s dry cleaning
2. Organize my lesson plans for the rest of the school year.
3. Go to Target to buy the group gift for my friends wedding shower
4. Buy the stuff to make a salad for the same shower
5. Go to the fabric store to buy the supplies for our young women’s activity tomorrow night
5 Jobs I've Had:
1. Dial-a-Burger, a delivery hamburger place in high school for a few months, but really it was a hang out place for most of the youth in my ward. That’s where my love of diet coke began.
2. Brick Oven waitress for 2 years
3. Interpreter: at BYU, a couple high schools, and an elementary school for just over a year
4. Teacher at the MTC for the ASL District, also just over a year
5. High school ASL teacher, for the last 9 years
5 Places I Have Lived:
1. Norco, Calif -where I grew up.
2. Provo, Utah- when I went to BYU as a freshman
3. Mesa, Arizona- on my mission
4. Iowa and Nebraska- also on my mission (Because I served Deaf program, they move us around from State to State)
5. Back to Provo for several years, and currently we live in Orem.
Man, I barely have five for my entire life… crazy!
5 Favorite Snacks:
1. A bowl of Cereal, any kind. I usually have one when I get home from work
2. Chocolate, any kind
3. Cheetos… particularly, cheese puffs
4. Cheese and crackers
5. a Costco hot dog and a soda with a churro for dessert, so bad, but so good!!
5 Things I would do if I were a Billionaire:
1. Build a new school for the deaf in Ghana, Africa. (someday we’ll build it!)
2. Travel around the world, several times
3. I would buy a bed a breakfast on the beach and organize the meals (I LOVE to cook)
4. Buy several homes around the world, you can all come visit!
5. Donate a ton to the perpetual education fund
5 Things you do not know about me:
1. I had an imaginary friend when I was 4. Her name was Jimmy and she was deaf. I used to interpret everything for her.
2. If I really like something, I will try to make it last forever… the Cadbury Eggs from Easter- only 1 a day. (I found a bag I stashed away from last year, seriously), the olive oil I bought on a trip to Italy- I had it 2 years later, until a roommate, not knowing its significance finished it off…. I guess I save things for a “special occasion”. It's crazy, I get it from my dad who once saved a bag of beef jerky for several months!
3. I NEVER untie my shoe laces when I take off my shoes. When I put them back on, I always retie them in a fireman’s knot… it’s better than a double knot cuz it easy to get out, but never comes undone by itself.
4. When I was in elementary school a girl brought to my attention that I had a large bum, I have had big butt paranoia/ phobia/ syndrome ever since. (Sorry to use the “B” word, mom)
5. Some of you may know this, but I have been to Africa 5 times. I have a non-profit organization called Signs of Hope International. We help better the education for the deaf in Ghana, Africa. Check us out at http://www.signsofhopeinternational.org/
That's it! I think I'm supposed to tag someone, but I'm not sure who has done this before. Melissa just did it, so I will pick on 2 of my other high school buddies, Shannon and Heather. If you already did it, let me know and I will pick someone else.
Ciao!!
P.S. I just found out that Shannon and Heather have already been tagged... SO I tag Mandy, my cute sister-in-law and Kate, a great student of mine from yester-year
Family is the best!
7 years ago



11 comments:
I think if you've been to Africa 5 times then you should be able to put down that you've lived there in one of your 5 places you've lived. I'm sure it totals close to a year.
It is fun to see a new blog dear....and for your info...a girl who wears size 2 does not have to worry about "big butt complex"!!! Please...let's get real. Love ya, Mom
I don't think I knew that you had a deaf imaginary friend. That is some powerful forshadowing huh? I remember having so much fun working at Dial a Burger. What a great first job, to work with all your best friends, taking phone orders in our sweats. I hope I wasn't the roommate that used up all the olive oil.
(I have already done this tag, back in February, and Heather was the one to tag me.)
You are so cute! I love reading about you. Nice to hear from you again. I was starting to worry. Glad you were having fun with Patrick's family. I loved the text with the picture from conference. You are awesome!
I was so excited to see your comment. Thanks for dropping by! Make a regular occurrence:) I hear you live by my Bro and sis-in-law?? We'll definitely have to catch up sometime.
I knew you had been to Africa but not 5 times! You have done some great things, and I'm sure many more to come!
Fireman knot eh? you'd better explain that one because i feel as though i am constantly tying and re-tying my shoe's laces! Smile
P.S. i love you
The fireman knot was taught to me by a very wise friend... I will be forever grateful! Smile!
When are you going to set up your own blog already??
Hey, thanks for tagging me, I guess, I'm gonna need some help though. What does it mean that you tag me? I'm new to this stuff. Help. :)
By the way, I don't know if I have ever told you, I'm so glad you are part of my family! I've always thought you were wonderful and I couldn't have picked anyone more perfect for Pat, but the more I get to know you the more I just love you.
You were destined to teach sign language...that's so cute.
Post a Comment