Patrick’s parents and aunt were able to come and visit us from Indiana for a whole week. We had such a great time, visiting sites, going to Conference, and eating great food. But best of all, we just enjoyed being together!
We went to the Salt Lake Cemetery and got to spend time with several of our Prophets. Our first visit was our beloved President Hinckely’s grave. Sometimes it’s still hard for me to believe he is no longer with us.
We also got to see the graves of John Taylor, Wilford Woodruff, W.W Phelps, David O. McKay, President Kimball, Howard W. Hunter, Elder Maxwell, and several others.
Brigham Young’s grave. His grave was separate from the SLC Cemetery, closer to the Temple site.
Patrick’s parents were sealed in the Logan Temple 39 years ago. This was their first trip back to Logan since that special day.
1968
2008
We also got to eat at the Bluebird Café, a cute little diner in Logan, and the same place Patrick’s parents had lunch 39 years ago.
No trip to Provo would be complete without a visit to Brick Oven… the best pizza and root beer in the world! Patrick’s aunt is amazing! She is 70 years old, but you would NEVER guess it. She is so full of life and ALWAYS has a smile on her face. I have never heard her complain about anything. She is such a joy to be around!
I feel so blessed to have such incredible in-laws. From the moment I first met them I felt accepted and loved by the entire family. I am so thankful for them.



11 comments:
These are great pictures of your fun time with the McGibbons. What a nice visit you had. I'm glad that you married into such a great family. They are blessed to have you for a new daughter and we are blessed to have our new son, Patrick.
Are you going to see David this week? Have a good day. Love you both lots. Mom
Looks like lots of fun!
I'm coming up for womens conf at the end of this month and I'm staying on campus with my sisters and my step-mom. I would love to get together for lucnh or dinner one of the days, or you could come to conf too!
Looks like you had an awesome weekend! Those are some cool pictures. How fun!
Thanks for posting those pictures. Those pics of my parents at their temple were especially neat! And Aunt Gay is one of the most wonderful people I know.
How fun! I bet that sustaining was so neat to witness! What a cool experience to have with your in laws too! i bet they had a great time walking back through memory lane!
Its always fun to be with family! Keith and I go to the Drive In at 3688 South and Redwood Road, we usually grab a pizza and treats and head to the movies! It is always so much fun!
Sounds like you married into a wonderful family. What a fun way to spend conference weekend.
Mmm, I could go for some Brick Over right now.
Brick Over, Brick Oven what ever.
Sounds like fun--I'm glad you have such a great family. And I too love the Bluebird Café
I'm just checking in to see what background you have now....you have been busy changing things around. Have fun deciding what feels like you.
His aunt seems so nice. I love people who have so much energy at this age.
:)
Post a Comment