Several months ago Patrick and I set out to plan the perfect spring break. Should we go somewhere with beautiful beaches or somewhere with great history and museums? It didn't take us very long to pick a place, the most perfect place. A place with great adventures and endless hours of fun and giggles... the beautiful land of Kentucky to visit my brother and his sweet family. We had not seen them in almost 2 years and we were well due for a visit. From start to finish it was perfect, a pure delight!
Here are a few of my favorite things...
They also have a karaoke machine and we all ripped it up- singing at the top of our lungs until we were hoarse and could sing no more, but that didn't happen until about 1 a.m.
One of my favorite days was going to the girls' school. We met Emma at lunch time and got to eat with her in the cafeteria. Afterwards, we went to her classroom and met her teacher. She is an amazing student and poet. (I will highlight Emma in a future post) She is such a sweet little girl. We also visited Gracee and I even got to read a story to her class. It was so fun!
Making cookies with my "girlfriends". I'm almost positive we ate more than half the dough... yum!
Mammoth Cave is the largest cave in the WORLD!! Over 350 miles of cave, of which we explored about a mile and a half. Very cool!
Lions and tigers and bears... oh my. Actually, there were no tigers or bears, but there were plenty of other fun animals at the Zoo. We went into a bird atrium where we fed them nectar from a little cup. They flocked to us. We managed to escape without any extra birdie souvenirs on our clothes. That was a definite plus!



Our second favorite was watching the baby monkeys. They were so cute, we stayed there for a long time and they made us all laugh.
We took a break from all the animals and played at the park for a bit. I LOVE this first picture of Gracee. We were playing hide and go seek and she was counting when Patrick snapped this photo.
We also had an evening at Chuck E. Cheese. We played tons of game, ate pizza and earned about a million ticket. The kids came home with some sweet prizes.
I don't have a picture, but I must mention one last thing. Before we arrived my brother challenged me to a 4 mile run. Patrick and I have been running, eh, jogging... ok we call it shuffling lately. We were up to a consistant 3 miles, but that was our limit. On our first run in Kentucky we kept with our limit and did an even 3 miles. But our next run, we did it... our 4 miles actually turned out to be 4 1/2. The rolling hills in his neighborhood made it even more difficult, but we did it! Thanks little bro. for pushing us to be better.
.
As you can see it was a fun filled, action packed vacation. We had SO much fun and were SO sad to leave. It has been all we have talked about since we have been home.
As you can see it was a fun filled, action packed vacation. We had SO much fun and were SO sad to leave. It has been all we have talked about since we have been home.
.
Dave and Marla, I cannot thank you enough for your hospitality and love! We miss you a ton!
Dave and Marla, I cannot thank you enough for your hospitality and love! We miss you a ton!
We love you all so much!!



12 comments:
One of my favorite pictures of the week is the one of Patrick and Gracee holding hands at the zoo. So, so sweet. Such great memories of that week - it went way too fast. We miss you both so much!
Staff! how are you. I haven't seen you in such a long time. looks like things are going well.
Looks like a great vacation!
Erin what a fun post! I LOVE the pictures. It was nice to see all of the great activities.
Congrats on the run. Wow! Very impressive. Ü
You and Patrick are awesome. We are glad you had fun. And we are glad you are back!
What a darling post. I love seeing all the pictures of my cute kids...including you and Patrick. Wouldn't it be great if we could all live close together!! I'm glad that you went to visit and that all of you had such a good time. I love you all. Mom
I'm sure the kids are missing their fun Aunt Erin. What a great time you had! You really know how to pack a lot of fun into a week. Now when are you coming down here?
I love that picture of Patrick and Gracee too! I want one of my honey! Hey I just looked at Heathers blog and she was talking about vacations and passports... Do you remember the time we went to San Felipe Mexico? I have never forgotten that weird feeling and even more unbelievable is that you had it too and we didn't talk about it until YEARS later! Scary huh? Anyway my parents have a house down there now and you and Patrick are welcome to come down and go with us! That goes for all the other out there too.
Heather now you have passports you should use them with us! Shannon your man is sure to love the fishing and the sand! I bet Cooper would love to eat some San Felipe sand!
Seriously, could you be my kids Aunt, too? You are amazing!!!
hey its me lonica i bet that was SO much fun well i finaly got a new post come check it out see-ya
You are such a nice family :)
And your girls are soooo cute :D
As i see it, you had a great vacation :-)
First off i must say you are my inspiration Erin... Not only is your blog "eye candy" but even the content is such a pleasure for the mind. You should write a book simply to give others the enjoyment of a good read! ...Oh, i forgot...you have already started writing a book... i think you owe it to the world to complete it! smile. Anyway, i heart your face and i can't wait to venture your next post!
Love you :)
Camy Little
P.s. next time you make cookies, keep me in mind!
It looks like you had such an awesome vacation. How fun! You and your husband make such a cute couple!
To answer your question. The font in my blog is Papyrus and to get it in a blog is kind of tricky. Not everyone can see it though. If someone is looking at your blog and they don't have the font Papyrus in their computer, they won't see it. They'll see a boring font. But if you still want to change it, here is how. You need to change the HTML code. Go to change the HTML code in your blog, find and replace all of one of the 4 options of fonts to Papyrus. So if you choose Arial. Find and replace all Arial's to Papyrus. If you decide you want to change it, but are still not sure how, let me know and I can help you. It only takes a sec.
Hope that helps!
Post a Comment