Calan had his 12 month check up recently. It's always exciting to see how much he's grown. He also had to get a couple shots- which is never fun- but this time I was more nervous since he is older and more aware of what's going on around him.
We LOVE our pediatrician! He is the nicest man and his office is adorable! While we waited Daddy and Cal checked out the "Nemo" fish tank.
They had us strip him down for his check up. He has changed so much in just a couple months. He's not walking yet, but he sure had fun exploring while we were waiting.
His stats were very impressive...
Length- 31 inches, which put him in the 95%
Weight- 23 pounds 13 ounces, which was in the 75%
Our little man is slimming down, last time he was 95% in both categories.
The doctor said Cal was healthy and developing perfectly! Good job little buddy!
It was time for shots and it made me sad. Cal looked at us with the look of "why are you letting this happen to me?" Because we love you so much and want you to stay healthy, that's why sweet boy.
On the way out Patrick grabbed Cal a sucker. He'd never had a sucker before and was pretty excited about it. It helped all of the pain go away!



5 comments:
So cute! I can't believe a year has already gone by!
That's a BIG boy!! Grammy kept saying that Cal makes Evan look small....and Evan is really not small. (At least his thighs aren't..) We love big, chubby babies! That means they're healthy!
so sorry about the shots! poor little guy! What a beautiful face! He will be running around before long.
What a great report card for our Cal. He has slimmed down... but you kids all weighed about 23 lbs. at 2 years so I don't think you have to worry about him being small... I think 75% is great.
I think it is nice that Patrick could go with you to the doctors. I think you two are the cutest parents ever.
I love the picture with the sucker. He had a smile for you even though you let that mean old nurse stick him. What a sweet baby he is.
Love you dear.... now that I've read your blog I think I had better go do a post on mine. I started it this afternoon but couldn't finish it before dinner.
Let's see.... should I do dinner dishes or blog???? I'll have to think about that one. Haha
Many hugs, Mom
p.s. Thanks for going up to Nelly's. I am thankful that you sisters are close and Patrick is so supportive. Thanks too for giving us a call. We just LOVE talking to you.
I don't know how I missed this post Erin!! I loved it. What a little dear Cal is! They do grow up far too quickly!! I haven't forgotten the sock monkey. I may have to get some other socks though I don't think those ones you sent are sturdy enough. Hope you don't mind!!
Post a Comment