Dear Mr. Calan,
You often remind me of the love Heavenly Father has for us.
Today, like many days, you were practicing your walking by holding on to something as you move around the room. We were up in your bedroom and you started at your crib, moved to the ottoman and then to your rocking chair. You have been doing this for a while, but just recently you are doing it much more confidently. You often hold on with one hand as you reach with your other hand to get to your next destination.
Some of your moves are a bit risky. Sometimes you wobble a bit and sometimes you even fall down. I used to always stay right behind you to make sure you didn't hurt yourself. But today I stayed back a little bit. You could see me and knew I was close by, but not close enough to catch you if you fell. I needed you to know that you could fall down and you would be ok. In fact, soon enough you will learn that you can get up by yourself.
If I didn't let you fall, and if I picked you back up every time, you would never learn that it is ok to fall and that you could pick yourself up again. You did fall down and you were not very happy about it. But I was right there, cheering you on and showing you how you could pick yourself up again- with maybe a little help here or there.
Then my thought turned to my Heavenly Father. He never likes to see us fall. He doesn't like to see us sad. But He knows what we are capable of and will ALWAYS be right there to cheer us on and with a gently prompting help to show us the way. He knows we will get stronger. He knows we can become the person He sees in us.
I would never leave you alone, especially when there would be a potential for you to fall.
I want you to know, little Cal, that Heavenly Father will never leave you alone. He is always watching over you... even when mama isn't there. He loves you... He loves all of us. He let's us fall so we can get stronger. He let's us fall so we can learn how to get up. He let's us fall because He believes in us.
Just like I believe in you...
I love you,
Mom
Family is the best!
7 years ago



3 comments:
You've always had such a talent of finding Heavenly lessons out of the "everyday" remember the bee? What a gift!
Beautiful analogy and testimony. How true it is. I love you and the way your insight adds to our testimonies.
We are having a wonderful visit with Dave and family. We all are sending love and best wishes for a Happy Easter and a Happy 1st birthday coming up on Sunday.
Love, Mom
Glad you make your blog public again. I love reading what your doing, and what a good example you are!
Post a Comment