Monday, March 15, 2010

Look what I can do...

Cal has a new trick.

And as you can tell he is thrilled about it!

This morning we heard him in his room. He wasn't crying. He wasn't even calling out for us (so to speak). He was giggling. A lot.

Patrick went in to see what was going on and this is what he found. We had to grab the camera to capture this moment and his pure joy.

Cal finally figured out how to pull himself up in his crib.

Yes, at 11 months he's finally realized that he can do this all by himself and he is quite pleased!

The only problem is that this new trick has distracted him from the real purpose of being in bed- sleeping. At nap time today I laid him down and before I even let go he was working to stand up. I "explained" to him it was time to sleep but he just ignored me. Back and forth he went loving every second of his new found freedom. As I watched him yawn for the 5th time I laid him down again and simply walked out of his room. I have not heard Cal cry for nap time for several months. This boy loves his sleep. It took him a little while to settle down, but sure enough he did and I found him heaped in a pile in the corner of his crib.

Even tonight, rather than grabbing his blankie and rolling over to fall asleep, he cried for a bit and finally gave in.

Oh how you make us smile little boy.

We love to see your simple pleasures!

5 comments:

Becca said...

OK, so I haven't visited your blog forever (darn private blogs!) But that boy is about the cutest thing ever and that picture is priceless! It was fun to catch up on what you write and see all the fun posts! We should hang out one of these days!

Lori said...

Okay what a cute little guy! Full of personality for sure!

Marla said...

Oh my! Let the games begin! So cute Erin...look how long his hair is getting!!

Grammy Staffy said...

Well hon just wait until he learns to climb out of the crib. That is when the fun really begins.

I love that picture of him laughing. So cute. What a boy.
Thanks for the nice phone call tonight. I always love our visits.

Have a great week. Love, Mom

Kristi said...

What a great picture! It's so cute the first time you walk in and they're standing up in the crib. Priceless! I'm sure he feels like such a big boy at his wonderful accomplishment! Yay Cal!