For the first time in a long time my house is quiet. Really quiet
The entire month of July was full of fun visits and celebrations...
My sister's family left on Sunday. My parents left yesterday. And Lonica, my 10 year old niece, is headed back to Syracuse with Patrick this very moment.
Laundry has been ignored.
My floors have not been swept.
The carpets desperately need a vacuum.
E-mails have piled up.
Blogs have gone unread.
But there were other things to do that were just more important.
Like yesterday it was painting our fingers and our toes, but only after we exfoliated them with sugar and oil. Walking to the store to buy ice cream cones. And watching THREE chick flicks with my favorite 10 year old in the whole wide world.
Cal didn't mind hanging out with us girls.
There were many times I felt I should catch up on some of my "oughta be doings" but instead we made cinnamon rolls and licked the frosting bowl clean, then spent another hour singing Karaoke.
Cal is taking his morning nap and I can get going on all I have neglected. It may take me a while-
But oh I am so thankful for all of the precious memories made.
The housework is very loyal... it will always be there waiting for me...
So I am glad that for a little while I made the decision to let some things go.
Family is the best!
7 years ago



8 comments:
I loved that post. It reminds me of the Mary and Martha story. I'm glad you took advantage of every moment you had with that cute 10 year old and your family. I'm sure she'll keep these memories for a long time. You are great. Love you!
This is a rule that I have often lived by!! Way to go, girl!
It sounds like you've all had a very wonderful time. Wonderful memories have been built, and you are right, housework will always be there waiting. Precious moments pass all too soon.
Sounds like you've been very busy making memories in between all the hectic activity. You deserve a rest! I love your comment about the faithful housework!
hi this is Amanda i heared lonica came over
We all had a great time with you. How we love you and Pat and Cal. We will treasure the memories of the fun times we shared.
I wish I was with you still. I am happy to be home but miss you all so much. I am feeling "old" and a little down today. I know you and Cal would put a big smile on my face.
Love to you all, Mom
I miss you McGibbons. I ALMOST got in the car and drove to Provo this week, just because. Shanan was gone hunting and we were just home. I've been needing an adventure and I think provo might be the key! I doubt it will happen until another wedding or something that I "have" to come for, but I'd love to come meet that little Cal! (i'm glad we didn't go, Shanan came home early..)
anyway, we'll come play when we make it that far north!
*Becky Kelly*
I know what you mean. We have been to the beach about everyday this week and my house is suffering cause of it. But we are having so much fun it only KINDA makes me crazy to come home to messes. Glad you had fun rafting. My mom has suggested that our horton family join you guys next year. What do you think about that....
Post a Comment