Monday, August 10, 2009

He's twice the man he used to be!

Cal had his 4 month check up today.

HE'S FOUR MONTHS OLD!!

I can hardly believe it!

Check out these impressive stats...

Length: 26 1/2 inches which is 97% for his age.

Weight: 16lbs 8ounces which is 90% for his age.
Holy Cow!!

At birth he was 20 1/2 inches and 8lbs 1 ounce which means he has grown SIX whole inches and has doubled his weight plus some.
2 Weeks Old

4 Months Old

The doctor said that he is incredibly healthy... and that Patrick's dream of having Cal play football for BYU someday is looking good. :)

This last month has been SO much fun! He has been smiling since the day he was born- but now he seems to have a constant little grin which shows off his adorable dimples. He has giggled out loud several time, which of course we love. He holds his head up. He loves to stand up on my lap and looks at me like he is king of the mountain. He has discovered his hands and loves to suck on them often. He reaches for his toys. We love the way he "dances" right before bath-time. He averages about 10 hours of sleep at night (wow!). He talks to us often and has lots of interesting things to say... But I have to say my favorite addition to his list of talents is... his singing.

Patrick and I sing to Cal- A LOT. This last month he has started joining us and it is about the cutest thing I have ever seen. It's different than his talking voice. His little lips make an O shape and his sound is more song like. Sometimes when I start singing to him he will just look at me until I say to him, "sing with me Cal" and I am totally serious- he starts singing along.

Melt- My- Heart!

Tonight he was extra tired and as we were putting him to bed we sang our nightly songs thinking he was already asleep. To our surprise he quietly started to hum along. Adorable!

We love you so much little Calan! I'm sorry you had to get 5 shots today, but you were so brave!

Every day is a new adventure and we are thankful for every minute of it!

17 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Oh Erin, what a little sweetie pie he is and I love to read about all your adventures with him as he grows and learns. Would love to see a video of him singing now. My youngest grandson is now 6 months old, not much older than Cal. My daughter in law and son are not very good at communicating. I scoop pictures of my grandsons off of facebook, but it is hard to imagine what they are doing from a flat picture. When I read your words about Cal, my imagination is fired up and I can almost picture my wee little grandson doing much of the same! Thanks! Bless you all! xxoo

Lori said...

Erin and Patrick, I am SO happy for you guys! What a wonderful gift your little Cal is for you and you guys are for him.

He is beautiful. so sweet that he is singing.

Marla said...

We love our big fat babies!! He looks wonderful!

Unknown said...

Oh that is too cute! That is my favorite post I've read all week!

Grammy Staffy said...

I guess that breast milk is doing it's job.

I love the way Cal sings. He is going to be a singer like his dad.

Have a good day with your sweet boys dear.

Baak Talk said...

Life's precious little moments!!
What a treasure!

Lynell said...

He is so adorable. We love the pictures and we love that little guy. Loni can't wait to come and spend more time with you guys. We will have to look at our schedules. Thanks for all the support you have given Justin. We are so lucky to have you in our lives.

Kate said...

What a little sweetheart and what a tender thing to be able to share with him! I can't wait to sing to my little guy! I'm grateful for the time I have to prepare because it is going so fast but I see things like this and cant help but want to meet our little angel! What a blessing little babies are. We'll have to get together soon so I can see how big he is :) Be home at the end of the month so we'll have to be in touch!

Kate said...

What a little sweetheart and what a tender thing to be able to share with him! I can't wait to sing to my little guy! I'm grateful for the time I have to prepare because it is going so fast but I see things like this and cant help but want to meet our little angel! What a blessing little babies are. We'll have to get together soon so I can see how big he is :) Be home at the end of the month so we'll have to be in touch!

honeysuckle said...

He is adorable! I bet you are just enjoying every single minute with him--as it should be. So happy for all three of you!

Heather said...

He is the same weight as Ember! He is a cutie!

Shannon said...

Soo soo cute. When he is a famouse singer some day you will able to say "he was singing before he could talk".

Amandawhatever said...

Hi this is Amanda cal is so cute i love him and again he is so cute i wish i can see him in person

BurkeAndEmily said...

He sings??? Oh, how cute is that!!!

Mindy and Ernie's Clan said...

Cal is the cutist baby Ive seen befor. I have new pictures on my blog. I want you to come and see them. I love you. Claire

Mindy and Ernie's Clan said...

Cal is the cutist baby Ive seen befor. I have new pictures on my blog. I want you to come and see them. I love you. Claire

Mindy and Ernie's Clan said...

Cal is the cutist baby Ive seen befor. I have new pictures on my blog. I want you to come and see them. I love you. Claire