Saturday, August 8, 2009

Worth the Wait

I got Cal dressed this morning just like every morning.

My good friend gave Cal this onesie and he wears it often... but today as I looked down tears came to my eyes. It's message was so applicable our life.
.
I grabbed my camera to capture it's message...

I told Calan to smile...

That's better!! But it's still a bit tricky to read...

Good job buddy, that's perfect!

It says...

Worth the Wait

So many of the greatest blessings in my life came after a period of waiting and patience. I think in heaven I got in the 'patience' line and somehow I accidentally selected the 'apply to most situations' button. :)

I by no means want to sound ungrateful... I can honestly say that each opportunity to wait brought me blessings I could have never imagined.

I never dreamed I would have the chance to teach high school for so many years. I loved my students. They taught me so much. I learned that I LOVED teaching.

I learned that I could be single and love it.

I learned that there was a positive side to trials... I just had to be willing to look for it.

I learned a lot about myself and the kind of person I wanted to be.

Three years ago this year (July 8) Patrick and I got married.

I was almost 33 years old and he was 34. Life was wonderful. We were anxious to start a family, but nothing happened.

A year later we started working on infertility stuff- blah! But all the while we grew closer to each other.

The next year we started the adoption process. We depended on each other more than ever.

It was not our original plan, but turned out to be a sweet blessing. Our relationship was much deeper.

We now have our perfect little boy. He is so sweet. I love watching Patrick be a daddy. I love being a mommy.

We would love to have several children, but we will trust in our Heavenly Father and He will guide us if we are humble enough to listen.

And like everything else in my life I have learned that it will always be...

Worth the Wait

8 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Wonderful insight to the blessings of patience Erin! Love your persepective. It's very similar to mine. I think patience is something we will spend a lifetime working on though, but hopefully by the end we will have it down pat! Beautiful little boy you have there, but then . . . you already knew that! xxoo

DeAnna said...

Thank you for always giving me hope and inspiration with your words. You are so amazing!

Kristi said...

All I can say is a big DITTO!
Cal is getting so big! I love his cheeks! So cute!

Leslie said...

I can't really say anything except that you have taught me sooo much and been such an incredible inspiration to me. You guys are so amazing, and Calan is definitely worth the wait!

Grammy Staffy said...

Your waiting for longed for blessing to come to you has taught me a lesson too. After praying daily for years on your behalf our whole family is thrilled that all of our prayers have been answered so well. Dreams do come true and prayers really are answered.

What a blessing that is....however, the waiting part is still hard isn't it.

Unknown said...

I am so grateful for everything you have taught me. Thanks for this great reminder, you have always been an example to me to trust in Heavenly Father.

Amandawhatever said...

Hi this is Amanda i am so greatful for everything i love cal :)

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

Hi Erin, so glad you like nannygoat. It is a fun blog to do. As far as decorating a big wall, I love this decorating blog and she has done some posts on ideas for large walls that you might like. http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/search/label/molding
let me know if it is helpful. Good Luck! I hope your hubby is Wow-ed :)