Valentine's Day...
It comes with so many emotions.
Valentine's day is a celebration of love. But for 12 years of my adult life it was a reminder of what I deeply longed for. Sure, I dated, but it just wasn't the same. My roommates and I affectionately referred to it as "Single Awareness Day". I was by no means a bitter single person, but a day devoted to LOVE seemed to tug on the heart strings in a painful way.
Well, now I have a Valentine and I love celebrating this day of LOVE with him. I feel so blessed to have such a thoughtful husband. He surprised me with flowers and booked a stay at an incredible hotel Friday night. He planned reservations at a delicious restaurant. It was amazing!
I used to dream of having a Valentine's Day such as this one with the man I love. But I never knew that my favorite part of this day would simple be having him to love.
As we walked from our hotel to our restaurant in the brisk air I snuggled up close to him and squeezed his hand so tight. I LOVE his hands. They are big and strong. They engulf my hand and I feel so taken care of. They are always warm and keep me warm. He keeps me warm and fills my heart with deep inner peace and love.
The flowers are beautiful and the dinner, scrumptious- but Valentine's Day is over.
Patrick, however, is mine forever and that is the best Valentine's Day gift I could ever hope for.
Family is the best!
7 years ago



8 comments:
This is so sweet!!! You give me hope Erin to hold out for the right man!!! I'm so glad that you finally got your reward for your patience.
We love your Patrick too. We are so thankful that you two found each other.
There never was a sweeter or cuter couple.
Thanks again for the delicious Valentine late night dinner that you made for all of us. Yummy
We love you both dearly. Mom and Dad
Erin, it was so very wonderful to get to meet you and Patrick and to spend time with you! You are just the cutest couple and it is very clear to see how very much you love each other and how devoted you are to each other! Thanks so much for opening your beautiful home and your heart to me. I had the most wonderful time! I am missing all of you so very much and am wishing that I could see you all again soon, especially your dear sweet mom! Valentines Day is indeed made all the more special for having a wonderful partner to share it with. I think we are both VERY lucky!!! XXOO
Staff, I haven't seen you since my Junior year! Crazy! Well I stumbled upon your blog and read a few of the older posts you have written. Thank you! I am not sure why I decided to stay up late reading your blog but it was exactly what I needed to hear! I hope your life is well! You've made a difference in mine!
I am so happy for you and Patrick. So sweet and so glad you found each other! yes i do experience that "tug" every once in a while...but I just figure that Heavenly Father wants me to continue to learn from that "tug" so i am okay. But i understand for sure.
That is so sweet love amanda
What a sweet post! I am so glad you have such a sweet heart for a Valentine and a husband!
Erin, I read your blog and tears came to my eyes. I am so thankful that you and Pat found each other and adore each other the way you do. I love you both!
Jenny
Post a Comment