One year ago today I started blogging.
My sister in law had a blog and it was so fun to see their cute family and read about the things that might not get told in a phone conversation. Like for example the pet frog that Gracee found and "adopted", the bucket of snails all the kids gathered and tried to sell to raise money for sick children in the hospital, a video of Emma singing a solo at their church talent show... I gobbled up each post.
I was hesitant to start a blog... just the two of us... no kids to write about... But I loved the idea on keeping in touch with family. Soon my mom and sister joined in the fun, followed by Patrick's sister. We now have several other family members including many nieces and nephews.
This was awesome!
Shortly after I got a comment from a childhood friend which introduced me to several other friends from yester-year. I loved seeing their families and all that they were up to.
Several of my past students keep in touch- they are more like little sisters and they make me smile!
Even neighbor friends became closer as they shared their lives through their blog.
Blogging became all I had hoped it would be... a connection to family near and far, catching up with friends, and a type of journal for me and Patrick. It was perfect!
One thing that I did not expect was to make new friends. I'm not really sure how it happened, but new friends began popping up. Even though we had never met they made me smile, they inspired me to be better, they even brought me to tears. It didn't matter if they lived in North Carolina or Virgina, England or Greece we had so much in common. The world felt like a smaller place.
One of our new friends was Marie from A Year From Oak Cottage. Her daily posts offer inspiration and always ended with a fantastic recipe. She lives in England and yet we (my mom and my sister) all felt like we had been friends with Marie for years. She is incredible! You should check out her blog.
Marie's daughter would be competing in the Winter Special Olympics and luckily for us, the competition was in Idaho. This brought Marie over to the States and we could not have been more thrilled. It was amazing to finally "meet" her. But really we already knew her and loved her to pieces.
While she was here we got to do some Utah sight seeing. In this picture we were waiting to hear the Mormon Tabernacle do their weekly performance of Music and the Spoken Word. It was amazing!
Marie has since returned home, but she is now one of the family and we love her to pieces.
It has been a great year and I am thankful for this opportunity to make this whole wide world seem like a smaller place.
It really is a small world after all.



11 comments:
how can you keep track you are amazin'!!!! & you are soooooooo smart! I have been gone a long time, what did I miss?
I think you said it perfectly!
I feel the same way.
I really started my blog for my family, as a way to stay in touch.
I had no idea of the wonderful people I would "meet".
I am so glad to have found you and your precious blog.
I always leave here with a smile on my face.
Congratulations on your Blogaversary!!!
Erin, congratulations on your bloggiversary!! (I just know I spelt that wrong!) I have to say that finding you, Lynell and Lura on the internet was one of the nicest things that has ever happened in my life and to be able to meet you in person and enjoy our time together was totally amazing. A dream come true. I feel as if I have a whole nother family now. You are all very precious to me. I love you all to pieces, each and every one of you. I hope that we don't have to wait too long before we can meet together again. I would so love for Todd to be able to meet you all as well. I just know he will love you as much as I do! XXOO
Congrats on the blogaversary dear. If it is your then I guess mine in coming up soon. Thank you for starting me blogging. It has certainly broadened my world and brought me many new friends.
Our time with you and Marie was so special to us. Thank you for all the good meals and hospitality you showed us. You are precious to me. I love you and Patrick very much and I always get excited when I see you have published a new post.
Happy blogging dear. Keep up the good work. Love, Mom
I hear ya loud and clear. A sweet lady found me and she has 3 daughters named Lily, Poppy, and Willow. I keep telling her she needs to get a Phoenix too... she lives in Scottland. Close as the other side of the world!
Amen to that! How happy I am to reconnenct and pick up where we left off with my dearest friend!
Happy every day Erin!
Luv Ya!
This is Amanda. It is so good to blog well see ya love amanda
Yay! I love being your 'little sister!' You have always been like a sister/friends more than teacher :)
I have been reading your posts I just haven't been able to comment. I have loved getting to peek into your life through blogging. It's fun to still be friends. I love that you got to see Marie. What a fun meeting that must have been.
Hey Sis, As usual I love your post. You sure have a gift with words. Thanks for the lessons you teach and the messages you share. The blogging world is better because of you.
P.S. Johnny checked his stock twice before school. Yippie!!
Yes. It's a small world
and nice to meet your website.
First friend from Taiwan
..... Hsu
Post a Comment