Saturday, August 30, 2008

Rise and Shout!

The Cougars are out!!

We both graduated from BYU a few years ago and still are huge fans. I'm pretty sure Patrick bleeds blue... he is a Cougar fan through and through!

We have season tickets and game day is a very special day at our household.


We leave our house TWO hours before the game starts- it takes us only about 25 minutes to get there... but we have to make sure we are there before the kick-off.


Here's a picture of Patrick as we are walking to the stadium. We park a mile away to avoid traffic. Notice how empty the streets are at this point... hence the benefit of being so INCREDIBLY early (that is what Patrick tells me, wink). In about 30 minutes this becomes a sea of cougar fans. Today the stadium was full- 65,000 people! Awesome!!

BYU won and we had a great time! We have been lookin' forward to this day for 8 months.

Rules for a BYU FOOTBALL GAME:

  • Arrive at least 30 minutes before the game starts
  • Sing the fight song (along with all the fans) at the top of your lungs every time we get a touchdown... rah, rah, rah-rah-rah... GOOOOOO Cougars!
  • NEVER-EVER leave a game early, even if we are winning (or losing, heaven forbid) by a landslide, even if it is raining, snowing, hailing, or 100 degrees (like today)
  • And we always wear our Cougar blue!!

It's fun to be together, but what I equally love is that my sweet husband loves to include my cute dad, who is crazy-nuts about Cougar Football as well. My dad lives in another state, but Patrick calls my dad to talk about an upcoming game, after the game, and often times during the game. I love it!

Go Cougars!!!

19 comments:

Mandy said...

I wish I was there. I LOVE Cougar Football!! You guys are hardcore fans getting there so early. :)

Grammy Staffy said...

Wow, you got this posted fast!!! I have a cute picture of dad in the tee shirt you sent watching the game. I'll post it soon. May I use your pictures too? They are great.
This game was good recovery therapy for dad. It took his mind off of not feeling well.

You two are so cute. I send lots of love.

Baak Talk said...

that's so fun you have something in common that you love so much!

Wish I could be there too.
~Rebecca

Becca said...

You guys really are so cute! And one more thing.......
GO UTES!!
But good job Cougars!)

Tara said...

You two are just hilariously adorable! My dad has had season tickets since I can remember. He has similar rules to you guys except he doesn't always sing. My husband on the other hand has the exact opposite rules (lol) :
Never wear blue!
NEVER EVER sing the fight song!
Get dropped off just after kick off
Leave early especially if the weather is bad of they're majorly losing/winning.

Well, at least he has some fun:)

Marie Rayner said...

Oh you guys are soooo cute!!! I loved this post. GO COUGARS!

Annie said...

GO COUGARS!!! You guys are just so cute! We should definitely have a Friday (when it's an odd day) before a game dedicated to BYU in ASL. We could all wear blue and sign the fight song! Haha :) I'll see you on Tuesday!

Lori said...

Go BYU!!!!!!! I love BYU and am proud to be a grad of the school! Love it!

Love the song that is playing on your blog. who is it?

Lori said...

Oh I saw it...Priscilla Ann is singing it. love it! have a nice monday off.

Annie said...

Erin, hi! Ok, I know you texted me your address but that very day I lost my phone. Would you mind emailing it to me? anniepie19@gmail.com. Also, I so meant to talk to you at Camy's reception but had to leave early because of a harp practice. But I really have felt bad about that since, so hopefully we'll get a chance to catch up sometime soon. Hope all is well with you two - it seems to be according to the blogging world.
Thanks Erin.

Tricia said...

Two too cute! GO COUGARS!

Derrell said...

How fun! I bet Dave is missing BYU football right now. Isn't that the first time he met you, Erin, at a game? He reported to us that Patrick had found a real keeper.

Angie said...

As an Engish woman who doesn't know nuts about 'the game' maybe I shouldn't be leaving a comment at all, bt it's ust so refreshing to hear someone so enthusiastic about something. Great entry.
Angie, xx

The Snow Queen said...

Rise and shout! Just don't steal one of those big blue Y flags they fly before the game to wear as a cape....even if you are planning on returning it. You will get in some serious trouble. Maybe I'll post about that. I haven't done a good post in a while. I'm getting nasty comments about my boring posts. Anyway gooooOOOOOOOO COUGARS!

Lynell said...

So fun! I can't even tell you how much we love you guys. What a fabulous weekend we had. Yes with rain, freezing cold weather and all. Love the idea of ordaining Johnny on the 14th. I will talk to the bish on Sunday.

Great game by the way!

Shannon said...

I miss going to the games. I love that you still have tickets. Sometimes I sing the fight song to wake Corbin in the mornings. He still young enough to think that is a fun way to wake up...someday he won't....

Grammy Staffy said...

Hi hon,
Drop by my post and pick up some blog love....I have something to give you

Wendi said...

How stinkin' adorable are the two of you?

I never watch BYU football...but I think I just became a fan.

GO. COUGARS.

Unknown said...

Staffanson/McGibbons:) This is Maranda 'Mauzy' Crop from your ASL Class!! I am so excited I found your blog! You look so happy:) How are you??