Have you heard of the power of “The Secret”?
This is the secret- what you truly believe in your heart will come to you.
But you have to believe it...
Completely.
You have to live as though the thing you want is already in your life.
You become ready for it and it will suddenly appear.
We totally believe in the power of the secret.
Yesterday we were at Costco.
This is the secret- what you truly believe in your heart will come to you.
But you have to believe it...
Completely.
You have to live as though the thing you want is already in your life.
You become ready for it and it will suddenly appear.
We totally believe in the power of the secret.
Yesterday we were at Costco.
We made our first purchase for our little baby that will come to us someday...
It will be soon… We can feel it!
We were giddy. It was fun buying something for our baby. We want to do it again and again…
I got to thinking, there are lots of things we need for the arrival of our little one.
Clothes
Diapers
Wipes
Shampoo
Powder
Formula
Bottles
Pacifier
Baby Monitor
Car Seat
Crib
Stroller
What am I missing?
I need your help…
What are your favorites? What are the best brands? The must haves?
Give me the inside scoop!
Can I buy them all in advance?
“If you build it, they will come.”
“If you build it, they will come.”
.
We'll keep praying...
We can’t wait!
We can’t wait!



30 comments:
Erin, you always have the right attitude about everything!!
I believe you're completely right and inspired. I think you have everything on the list but most importantly, you are going to bless some precious spirits; boy must the really be choice!
As far as the best brands, it's varied from my kids. I've had kids that can't wear huggies, it gave them a rash so I did Luvs for a while. My last child, Luvs doesn't seem to work so it's pampers all the way. I think it varies and things change.
Can't wait to meet the new addition to your family!
Luv Ya,
Bec
I'm a firm believer in "The Secret" Erin! It has worked for me many times and in some of the most mysterious and unexpected ways! I truly believe that this will happen for you two as well. ((((hugs)))) Oohh, you forgot a diaper bag! and a baby bath ... oh and some of those cute little towels to dry baby in with the corner hood and cute little ears!
Diaper bag...really cute diaper bag. Burp cloths...cloth diapers work best. My most favorite thing ever that I used for so long was a baby swaddler. Mine came from Target. Oh, and don't forget a pack'n'play, one with a bassinet in it. They're great for vacationing and traveling. Enjoy the shopping!
I am not an authority on that stuff though i do have nieces and nephews...but I love your attitude! I need that attitude in my life more. thanks for sharing.
I know lots of people that do "the secret" I personally have tried it in the form of fasting with more faith than ever before...knowing it would happen and it did!
Baby stuff baby stuff...I'm actually in the middle of creating another blog with all this stuff on it. questions to ask and brands, etc. You can pretty much buy most things in advance. Enfamil is a good choice....the consistency is so much better than the other brands that are so powdery and get over everything. I recommend Avent bottles and don't forget a changing table....we debated over that one but are sooooo glad we got one. I'd love to hear more about the whole process and how it's going!
smiles
Pampers-they are more stretchy and fit every type well.
Aveeno baby lotion and bath- I just love it.
Baby swaddler blanket- because they can always worm out of the burrito.
Good sling- I tried Peanut Shell and Bjorn, I liked them both.
Baby sleeper gowns- way easier to pull that little dress up and change diapers in the middle of the night and they last longer cause they are so long.
Diaper bag- buy one you will love to carry even if you didn't have a baby!
pack n play- I use mine the first few months next to my bed- worth every penny for me!
Browned flour for diaper rashes- you take a cup of flour and brown it in a saute pan then cool and put in a container. Use at the first sign of a rash- I swear by this Madison had horrible rashes that would even bleed then my sister told me about this!
I am so excited for you guys! I hope you see your little one before mine comes! Positive thinking can really go a long way!
Erin--you are so cute. It makes a difference to have faith that things will work out and you will be prepared.
The best advice I ever got was to get two car seats--one for each car. It was so nice not to move the car seat. It is also handy to have extra car seats when you need to pick up other friends in an emergency.
I love bouncy chairs. None of my kids loved or even liked the baby swings. One friend whose baby loved the swing, swung from side to side instead of forward to back.
Good luck. It is interesting that kids come with preferences. What works for one mom (or for one baby of the same mom) might not work for you or your baby. Enjoy the learning process.
Oh... I am glad I found your blog. I love it and really enjoyed your secret post. How are you? You look like you are doing good! I really like all of your fun pictures! This is Lindsay (Burr) Clyde by the way.
Just like McDonalds--- I'm Loving it!! Cute post.
I ditto the other answers. Oh yeah.. and buy like 20 more of those cans!! You will use every bit!! ;)
How fun, your first purchase!! I'm getting excited FOR YOU!!
One thing to keep in mind before you guys go crazy-shopping...
WHAT ARE WE GOING TO GET YOU AT THE BABY SHOWER IF YOU ALREADY HAVE EVERYTHING??? NO FAIR!! LOL
Bottles are hard to buy before you know if the baby becomes attached to the regular nipple in the hospital, or if the mom nurses before she places the baby for adoption, so personally I'd wait on that. After 3 kids, I've learned that the cheap formula brand works just as well (I just always had to go with LOW IRON because my kids always got constipated!) You never know if your baby will be lactose intolerant and need soy... THEN what'll ya do with all you've stocked up on? Those things are SO wait and see, so I'd go with stuff you know you have to have, like a crib! My all-time faves are the ones that turn into toddler beds. Oh and a MUST HAVE glider rocker, even better if you get the rocking ottoman with it! SO nice to have for those middle-of-the-night feedings!
Have fun shopping, but NOT TOO MUCH! LOL
I recommend the Baby Bargain Book. It tells you the best of everything in every baby category. They rate everything and tell good reasons for wanting or not wanting something. It is written by Alan and Denise Fields.
I know this one is a controversial pick but I'm putting it out there anyway. Baby Wise. It is a great book (I think) on training your child to sleep thru the night. Corbin was a preemie and I didn't start reading it until he was about 3 weeks old, but he started sleeping 12 hours straight at night by 12 weeks. And Cooper was sleeping 10 hrs by week 8. It did modify it at the beginning but I really think it works. So if you are a schedule person at all I would think about giving it a try.
I second the Baby Wise book! Scarlett is the only one I did this with and has been the best sleeper of the bunch! I hear it is easier when the baby is bottle fed too! Scarlett loves her crib and is easy to put down for naps and bedtime. This next one is totally being baby wised too! Good luck!
Oh, goodness! Good luck =]
I really wish everything to turn out ok with all my heart =]
Did you notice that our little Cinderelen changed her blog name to Helen mdk??? I wonder if her real name is Helen? I should ask her.
Ok,just to let you know, I've stopped pouting....how can I read your post on positive attitudes and pout???? ...can't do it.
I wish you tons of luck.... if buying baby stuff will help....go for it.
ps. did you get the picture you wanted me to send ok? Hope so. love ya, mom
I've discovered a must have for baby is that you HAVE to have a husband... You're at least half way there :) So good to see your blog, we need to get together- it's been too long since our last visit. Love you tons!
I've discovered a must have for baby is that you HAVE to have a husband... You're at least half way there :) So good to see your blog, we need to get together- it's been too long since our last visit. Love you tons!
Inspirational and light at the same time. What a great post, Erin! We would love to see you guys in a week when we are in your neck of the woods!
I have been such a horrible blogger/commenter this summer...I am sorry - it has just been a hectic time for me.
I love your addiction to The Secret! When we drove into the Outback Steakhouse parking lot on my birthday David said, "Have you been putting out positive energy for a parking space?" (Just like we did the night you and Patrick were here...) Fun memory. We miss you!
Today, I have 3 BABIES you could take for a while...they're making me coo-coo!
BABY WISE BABY WISE BABY WISE. I don't want to hurt anyones feelings... but I HATE Avent bottles. If you don't get the nipple/collar on just right they leak like a geyser! I have tried them with 3 of my four children and each time I got tired of them and switched. With this baby I am using Born Free bottles they seem to work great and they don't have any chemicals that leech into the formula or milk.
All moms like different things you have to figure out what works best for you. I use Huggies diapers my kids get rashes with all the rest and I use Enfamil formula, but the soy one.
Oh Erin...you amaze me every time I read one of your posts.
I need to come hang out with you so you can rub some of that positive energy off on me!
I love that you are planning and thinking ahead.
Just don't go crazy...you will get a lot of things at your showers.
I would pick out the personal stuff like a diaper bag.
Not everyone likes the same thing...buy something you love and that you don't mind toting around for a few years.
Why not go register for some baby things?
Start picking out baby furniture.
This sounds like way too much fun!!!
I am sure it won't be long now.
My thoughts and prayers are with you. ((hugs))
I have a baby Bjorn and I wish I had the MOBY wrap. I also recommend ADVIL.
One piece of advice:
Don't buy cheap diapers and wipes.
Not. good.
Trust. me.
Ooh I love my Puj Baby sling. So cute and it fits easy into the diaper bag.
I also didn't like the Avent bottles, I had the same leaking problem. I used the Playtex Vent Air. I don't know much about that plastic toxin stuff. Maybe I should look into that too.
Mylicon gas drops, the other brands don't work. I added them to each bottle and the boys wouldn't get fussy because of gas.
Oh you guys are so cute!! It's like every time we walk into Costco my Dad and I see the little baby clothes and we just want to buy them. I wish I was an aunt already....5 days!!! :D
Tooo cute tooo cute. You know what I absolutely LOVED when Gabe was little? The itsy bitsy newborn socks. He was born in June and I think the first few weeks he always had socks on! I hope things happen soon!!!!
OH...BTW....Let's see whose house sells first :)
STAFF! er...um..... Erin? Can I call you that? :)
I just found your blog from your facebook page. I love it! I'm excited for you to adopt, from the stories in your blog you are the coolest aunt in the whole world and I'm sure you will make a great mom! I know that you have been able to influence many children for good!
Erin you are such a doll! I'm a believer too! :) We haven't necessarily bought any baby stuff yet but we're keeping it all in our (hopefully) near future plans! We'll see what happens! I'm working a bunch still but I think we need to get together for breakfast or something like that soon... and with Mrs. Little too! I haven't seen her forever!! Let me know what day would work for you :)
Erin, hopefully you check your comments...in case I don't see you Thursday night, I heard from someone that when the Draper Temple has its Open House that they are looking for volunteers who do sign language. Just wanted to let you know about that.
Have a good week!
Erin! It's Camille (Goodrich)Tanner! I am so glad I found your blog through Sierra's. I am glad to see things are going well for you. Feel free to check out our blog sometime. I hope everything works out soon with the adoption. We'll keep you in our prayers.
I'm so excited for you! I admire your strong faith--you will be soooo blessed!
As for baby stuff, I second the Baby Bargain Book by Alan and Denise Fields. I got that before I had Jayden & it saved me lots of money. I went through the new edition before I had Wyatt...again helpful.
Diapers - Jayden did LUVS. Wyatt does Huggies. Some diaper just don't work on certain babies. Stock up at Costco & you can always return. I love my Baby Bjorn! Wyatt's still sleeping in the Pack-n-Play with the bassinet. I love the changing table on that thing! I love the smell of the Johnson's Bedtime Bath & lotion...so yummy! But remember to save a few things for us to buy for you, b/c you will have the ultimate baby shower!! Can't wait!
PS - send me your email, so I can invite you to my blog. (kim@regencymint.com)
Post a Comment