Tuesday, August 19, 2008

For the 10th time...


Today, for the 10th time I had my first day of school as a teacher.


T-E-N years!


I've picked out my first day of school outfit, 10 times.


Sat at my desk, anticipating the ringing of the bell for the first time, 10 times.


I've gone over my disclosure statement 10 times.


Gone over policy and proceedures, 10 times.


Stated my expectation from my students, 10 times.


And I fell in love with teaching all over again, for the 10th time.


So until we have a little one of our own there is no other place I'd rather be.


My students are my "kids" and a huge blessing in my life...


and I love 'em!

19 comments:

Lori said...

Congrats Erin! I bet you are a great teacher!

FYI, I added a comment to your blog yesterday but in case you didn't read it, I heard that the Draper Temple Openhouse will be needing volunteers who know sign language. so i thought of you. just wanted to let you know.

Have a great time at school!

Kristi said...

Woohoo! 10 years! Congrats! You are an amazing teacher! Your kids love you and you are the only mom some of them have! Have a great year!

Wendi said...

Congratulations on 10 years!
I can only imagine what an amazing teacher you are.
Hope you have a wonderful school year!!!

Becca said...

While I am glad that you had your 10th great first day of school, I'm still quite upset with you. I saw that For Sale sign in your yard and I am still not happy about it.

The Imes Family said...

Yeah Staff!! I wasn't sure if you were teaching again this year. When I volunteered in Sienna's class this year, I missed having my own class. This summer I've enjoyed doing our own school at home. I've gotten a lot of my school things out which has been fun.

Have a great year. Go say HI to Eileen Whyckhuyse from me. She is a new English teacher. They lived in our ward here. She is a sweetheart.

Love ya, Cherlynn

Grammy Staffy said...

I remember the feeling well...the excitement, the anticipation, the preparation. (and in my case sometimes the dread after I saw my class rolls)

Even though I am thankful that I don't have to go through all the work of teaching any more and I love being retired ,a wee part of me misses the excitement of starting a new year....after all there are not too many jobs that you get to have a fresh start every year and in some cases, every semester.

I've been considering teaching at the college again. The dean asks me every semester if I want to do it. Part of me really wants to but another part of me enjoys the freedom from being tied down and having to plan lessons and grade papers. so?????

You are a great teacher. Your students love you and so do I. I hope that this will be a wonderful school year for you.

HAPPY FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL for the 10th time.

Love, Mom

Kate and Peter Lowe said...

All those things x 7 for 7 classes! haha you are such a wonderful teacher though... really why do you think I had you for 4 years?! :)

Marie Rayner said...

Erin, I bet you are a wonderful teacher! Your students are so very lucky to have you!

Annie said...

You are just an amazing teacher! If there was anyone better, I would probably be T.A.ing for them...but there isn't! :) I love you!

Shannon said...

How fun! Ten years. I miss teaching. I hope the first week went well. And I hope those students of yours know how lucky they are too have you and that they better not get too attached, cause your gonna be on baby leave this year I just know it (I too believe in the secret.)

Kate and Peter Lowe said...

Ah I'm so glad your scrapbook is done! I saw a few things of it because Cami would send some things to Sarah (my brothers wife who was in kansas with us) so she could give her opinion on them. I am dying to see it though so lunch will be soon... or even a triple date one of these days with The Littles :) We end work on the 27th so we'll have more time after that!

Bowties and Bullet Journals said...

ow Yeah!
I'm really glad to had attend to your 9th year of teaching. I hope your students this year love you more and more such our third period did last year.
I can just testify that ASL change my view of life and I own everything to you and to Timpview.
I just congratulate you for all these years and hope your little one came as soon as the Lord wants.
Kss
See Ya

Cathy said...

How amazing are you and how fun that you love what you do. Now I wish I had taken your class. Anyway, I'm back from Hawaii and was hoping to see you today at church, but we didn't go. I got sick but hopefully will see you next sunday!

Cathy said...

How amazing are you and how fun that you love what you do. Now I wish I had taken your class. Anyway, I'm back from Hawaii and was hoping to see you today at church, but we didn't go. I got sick but hopefully will see you next sunday!

Leslie said...

yup...I agree with Becca....whats up with the for sale sign?!

Cammee said...

Ok, this is really weird and I've never done this before. Your blog was one of the recommended blogs on Google Reader and I clicked on it. Then I got caught up in it.

1st: you are DARLING! I love your cheerfulness and happy attitude.

2nd: you inspire me.

3rd: your posts about trying to adopt caught my attention.

I have a friend that has the most wonderful adoption experiences. I thought of her as I read your blog. She also is inspiring. Her blog address is abandhalsmom.blospot.com just in case you are interested.

Best of luck to you. Your family will be in my prayers.

Heather said...

How can you be old enough to have been teaching 10 years? I wish I could have had a teacher like you!

Shannon said...

Hi! I'm Shannon, Cammee's friend (she left you a comment earlier.) You ARE darling. She called me today and told me she had left you a comment and I'm glad that she did. I wish you all the best with your adoption experience. If you ever have any questions for me or just want to talk about it I would love to hear from you.

Unknown said...

Wow! The first day of school was always such an exciting time. I'm sure you will have a wonderful impact on all of your students.