Monday, August 25, 2008

Withdrawls...

I came home from work today.

Checked the mail. Threw most of it away.

Grabbed a snack. A yummy peach we bought from a fruit stand Saturday.

Then, out of instinct, I plopped down on the couch and turned on the tele,

but it was G-O-N-E.

No more to be viewed. No more to be cheered. No more to be enjoyed.


The Olympics are over and we are sad. Deeply SAD!


TV is not a big part of our lives- but for the last 2 weeks we have been

Olympic JUNKIES!


Every swim, every dive, every run, every flip.


We loved every second of it.

Staying up entirely too late to watch every-last-minute.


We loved the stories, the dedication, the focus, the pride, even the defeat.


Sigh...


Sunday night as the flame was extinguished, I thought I might shed a tear.


Goodbye our friend. See ya in 4 years!

11 comments:

Marla said...

We feel the same way...except I have to say I'm secretly a bit relieved to be getting a bit more sleep now. :) It was on so late here!

Cammee said...

Erin,

Thanks for the comment.

I'm sorry, we'll chalk it up to a blonde moment. Her address is absandhalsmom.blogspot.com.

If I've goofed up again, you can link to her from my blog. It's under Swenson.

Have a great day!

Cammee

Lori said...

I so agree! I loved the Olympics! And am also very sad they are over! Now to get back to normal life and normal sleep patterns. Sigh.

BTW, I have no idea about the Draper Temple Open House stuff...maybe next Thursday go ask in our office if they know how to have you get in touch with signing up to help in Draper...that is the only thing I can think of. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Becca said...

My name is Becca and I am an Olympic Junkie.

If it makes you feel better--I did shed a tear.

Grammy Staffy said...

Honey come on over to our house. We taped in all on our DVR and we have hours and hours yet to watch.

Kim said...

Erin, I LOVE the excitement that you have towards every aspect of life! It is wonderful!!

Baak Talk said...

Amen to that sister. With that and So you think you can dance over, what's there to watch on t.v.? Guess I'll have to find other entertainment!

JoElle said...

We haven't had TV for nearly 4 1/2 years, but Randy just had to have it so he could watch the Olympics this year. With the DVR we were able to fast forward through all the boring stuff and commercials to get to the good stuff. We still have yet to see the Closing ceremonies, so I guess we're hanging on to the excitement.

Mandy said...

Hey, I know what you're saying. We just never watch sports on tv, but Ken and I both found ourselves getting REALLY excited watching "our athletes" compete. It was lots of fun. It's sad it's over.

Leslie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was soooo bummed to see the Olympics end! I guess when they only come around every 4 years it makes us appreciate them more?

Marie Rayner said...

The Olympics will be held not 45 minutes away from my house in 4 years time. Come on over. I got a spare room and a few extra beds that are just waiting for you!