The word active seems like a simple one.
The dictionary defines it like this...
1. engaged in action; characterized by energetic work.
2. involving physical effort and action: active sports.
3. having the power of quick motion; nimble: active as a gazelle.
The dictionary does not define ACTIVE the way we are active.
As of today, after several interviews, piles of paper work, doctor appointments, background checks, creating a scrapbook of our lives and lots of prayers, our adoption profile is officially active.
So what does that mean exactly?
Our profile can finally be shown to birth mothers and we are another step closer to becoming parents.
We could still have a long road ahead of us,
but
it never felt so good to be active...



31 comments:
You kids are going to be the cutest parents and I am SO excited for that!! We will keep you in our prayers :)
Congratulations! We're so excited for you!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
I can't wait to hear if you're having a boy or girl!
I'm so grateful for blogging...
to be able to feel like I can be a part of your life even though you're still too far away.
Please call the next time you're visiting your parents. I'd love to get together.
~Bec
Whooo-hooo love the update. What a load off your shoulders just to know that all the stuff is done and in. Yep, it's a very exciting step.
That is so exciting. You guys are going to make the coolest parents!
YAY! That is so exciting and this is such an exciting (and anxious I'm sure) time in your life!
I am SOOOOO excited for you both!!!! We'll keep praying that you'll get your baby soon.
I'm so excited for you!!!!
Hip Hip Hooray!! Any baby would be more than lucky to come to your home! I'll keep you in my prayers and keep my fingers crossed!
Erin and Patrick, it will all work out. I know it! I am so excited for the future for you guys.
This is so wonderful to read! Sending happy thoughts your way and praying that you don't have to wait too long!
I think my heart just skipped a beat! I'm SO excited for you both!
Love you, Jenny
Your a hop skip and a jump from driving a minivan! Congrats!
Viva! Parabéns! Que Legal!Espero que nao demore muito! Estou orando por vocês!
smile
Of course you didn't understand!
Viva! Congrats! Hw cool! I hope it doesn't take so long! I'm Praying for you!
Tk care
kss
Dear ones,
So glad to hear that you "passed" all the interviews, home study and paper work jungle and are now ACTIVE. Of course I knew you would.
Last night I had time by myself in the celestial room. I was praying about you and had the sweetest feeling that you will have your prayers answered to get a baby.
In fact I kept waking up ALL NIGHT thinking about it.
I am excited for you and believe there is a special baby out there that is just waiting to come into your home, life and heart.
Congrats to you and Patrick and Good Luck.
Love,Mom
Congratulations you guys!!! I'm so excited for you!
That's such great news!! I can't wait. It could be anytime now huh?Sorry we missed your call today. Emma loved the B-day song. I keep missing you guys...try me again soon...
Yay!!
LOL, your lives will never STOP being active from now on, you lucky people! Get all the sleep you can, and hope and pray you're not caught up on sleep when that sweet baby comes (meaning I hope it's sooner than you have to plan for it!) ;)
I am so excited for you both!
Can't wait to hear the rest of the story.
Start buying up those diapers and formula.
Hmm... so one lesson i have learned from you, Erin, is the POWER of the SECRET. I have a strong feeling that the more you talk about becoming parents, the sooner it will come true... wink wink. Good luck you two! P.S. that was the best birthday present EVER!! thanks for being so thoughtful... oh, and i made your AMAZING banana bread the other day.. Jimmy ate it up in about 20 min. smile
love you
*HAPPY DANCE* So happy to hear this. It won't be long, girlie!! :o}
So exciting. Can't wait to see what happens next. Ü
Sooo, i decided that instead of selling your house, you should just let us live there ...... huh? huh? :)
Be expecting a package from us from Toys r Us soon. You'll have to give it a good review for me! Love you both!
So excited for you Erin!! I have 3 adopted nieces and they are so precious - maybe even more treasured because of the way they came miraculously to our family.
Janelle (:
Congrats on the adoption papers! I'm all about adoption as you know I am adopted!! Your in our prayers and I hope you get your beautiful baby soon!!:)
Hey Erin!
I hope you don't mind that I am checking out your blog : ) I was just thinking about you guys the other day, and thought I would just see how things were going and if you have any good news..and it looks like you do! I hope you guys are doing well and everything works out. THanks again for giving me the opportunity to get to know you both.
Cami
Hey Erin- I'm so happy for you both. I understand when you say piles of paperwork. When we were approved I felt like I was going in for 20 really tough job interviews, but so much harder. I pray that you're journey with adoption will be sweet. My husband and I have been active for about 18 months. Some days are rough, but I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us and will bless us!!!
((((((HUG))))))
A big hug coz I just thought you could would use one. XXOO
I can't wait until you have a baby. I really hope I get to babysit at 10 and a half. I am really excited. I love you
Post a Comment