Tonight we are sad.
Tonight we are asking for your help.
We need your prayers. We need your faith.
Two weeks ago we found out that we had been chosen by a birth mother. We were thrilled- beyond words. She is due October 1st. Our nursery is set up. The car seat is ready to go.
We did not shout it from the roof tops because with adoption nothing is final until it's final.
Last week we found out that our birth mother had an emergency in Ohio with her family. Against all advice, and only a week and a half before she was due, she flew away promising to be back... by today. But an hour before she was to land she called her social worker and told her that she got the flu and could not fly.
We are devastated.
If she does not return to Utah and delivers in Ohio our cost would increase by at least $12,000 because she is not insured in Ohio. We would be required to fly there, pay all medical expenses and stay for up to two weeks.
This, added with the original expense of adoption, is just too much.
Please, from the bottom of our incredibly heavy hearts, pray that she will feel inspired- or even compelled to return. Pray that she will be healthy enough to fly. Pray that her labor will be delayed until she safely returns.
We already feel so completely attached to this baby girl and pray that she will become apart of our family.
But all we can do is pray.
Family is the best!
7 years ago



37 comments:
I know how to pray. I can't do anything else because of the distance. Thank you for inviting us to be participants in this experience. I will CONTINUE to pray for you, and add these pertinent details. We love you!
Oh Erin, stop my heart! Better than that, we'll fast for you too!
LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND ALL MY LOVE!! (but most importantly prayers).
~Rebecca
Erin-
Oh my gosh you know how to bring me to tears. I'm going to fast for you tomorrow as well. Please, Please, PLEASE, let me know if there is anything I can do?
Leslie
We're praying and fasting for you!
Thank you for asking for help. We will be praying and fasting for you all.
You can add one more fast to the list, and some GIANT Camy prayers! Please know how much I care and love you two! please keep all of us posted!
Dearest Ones,
Oh how I wish that I could make things better... My heart broke when I heard your voice on the phone. I am so sorry dear...but don't give up....it is not over yet.
After all of our prayers this week I was sure that she would be on that plane tonight...and all would go well. I am so sorry that she didn't have the consideration to let the agency know sooner so you wouldn't have been counting the minutes all day today.
I am so sad too.... but I do know that God is still in charge....He loves you, he cares for you and he cares for this little baby. If she is meant to be yours as we believe that she is, God will find a way to make it happen.
We will be fasting and praying for you tomorrow as well.
I hope that we will get good news tomorrow. Hang in there my dears.
Love, Mom
You know I am there for you. You have been in my thoughts and prayers all week, and now I will just increase my efforts. Don't give up hope..
Praying and fasting for you, Patrick and the birth mother as well, Erin. I truly hope that things work out well. Don't give up hope as becca says. Todd and I have been praying for days now and will increase our efforts. (((hugs))) Trust in Him. He has a plan, and He does know the desires of our righteous hearts.
Erin and Patrick, I will pray with all my might that the birth mother realizes that she needs to come back to utah! Yes, all you can do is pray and we will all pray that she has a change of heart. I know it has to work out if it is the Lord's plan.
I am so sorry that this is such a stress for you.
We have been praying our little hearts out here and I know that Heavenly Father will make this "OK" for your little family. I know that his heart grieves when he looks down and sees his precious son and daughter grieving. I'm sure there is even part of our loving Heavenly Father that wants to take away all of this pain for you. But he also knows the great joy that is waiting for you just around the corner. Hold on just a little bit longer. Just remember, after the hardest of trials comes the sweetest of blessings.
Oh Erin! We will indeed be praying our hearts out for you guys! We know that miracles happen and that they happen when and how they are supposed to! We are praying and crying for you!
We have been praying for you since my visit with you and we will continue to do so. We care so much about you guys and I know that Heavenly Father will answer all of our prayers.
my heart is aching for you and patrick today! i just read about your situation on your mom's blog and wanted to come over to your blog to send my love personally. our family will keep you in our thoughts and prayers! i can't imagine what you must be feeling and i'm so sorry for this turn of events. i'm sure it will all work out! lots of love~hoLLy & fam
Hey Erin,
I am so sorry to hear how difficult this is for you. I know it doesn’t make it any easier to hear me say that I know everything will be right. When I placed a baby boy almost 30 years ago, I knew that the family had prayed and fasted and felt that the baby I was carrying was the "right" one. But I was not so sure. I told that family no. I cant imagine how difficult that must have been for them. But as you know - through a series of events that twisted and turned and probably tested the adoptive family's faith, that little boy did end up in his mother's arms. I can’t say if this chapter in your story will have the same ending - but I do know that your story will be yours. Your's and Patrick’s, and it will be the way your Heavenly Father wrote it.
If the birth-mother returns - then you both will know for sure it is right. And if she doesn’t - then you will have room in your life and arms for your child – the one that is hoping to meet you very soon.
I love you – keep me posted.
Hi I am a blogger friend of your Mom and sister Lynell, I read about your situation and just want you to know that I will be praying for you too! I can't imagine your stress and anxiety at this time. Everything happens for a reason, sometimes it really makes no sense at the time, and then later we come to realize why. I hope you have a happy ending to all this stress. I was thinking if she does deliver in Ohio and you have to pay more maybe you, your family your friends and all fellow bloggers could do some fund raisers and help with the cost. I know I would be willing to help. Word spreads fast in blogger land and everyone wants to help! Nothing is impossible! I hope you don't even have to worry about that but if you do, you can make it work. Use the secret like you talked about in your post below! I know you don't even know me and I am rambling on and on, just know you are in my thought and prayers, May you have comfort and peace at this time, Good Luck! love, Kelsi
You'll be in my prayers. How exciting that you are so close to having a baby! It will all work out for the best. Hang in there!
We'll pray!
My heart is just breaking for you both right now..... We will be praying very hard for you here too. There is great power in prayer. Erin, your mother is right. The Lord loves you both and it is in his hands. We love you and will be praying for Pat, you, the baby and the birth mother. I wish I could be there to hug you both.
Love, Jenny
My prayers are with you!
I'm a friend of your sister Lynell, my husband are also waiting to adopt. You are in our prayers.
Dear Really Im praying by you and hubby and birth Mom and baby, be brave, this time is difficult to yoiu, the worst we can`t do anythng, we suffer a lot!! Baby, really I hope all goes well, I will return today by you. I have twins adopted now have 14 years,m they arrive to home of three days I understand you perfectly!! Be brave and pray, we never know what really want Good this the dificult. Love ya and huggss!!!!!! Gloria
(Ima friend of Lura and Marie)
I read your mom's blog - found you from there. We're praying for you in South Dakota! God willing you will be a mother some day. That He will be with you and bless you in the ways only He can. That His will shall be done. That a miracle would happen for you. Amen.
I knew something was up when you didn't call, then Lynell told us what was happening yesterday after Ethan's blessing.
Your faith is your strength, and we will all add to it with our prayers, fasting and positive thoughts.
We love you guys!!
I have been praying for you extra hard since I talked to your mom. I only can imagine how this feels for you. Adoption is so wonderful and SO hard. Thanks for sharing what is going on with you guys.
I have been thinking about you a lot lately, and I wanted to call you last week--I wish I followed through. I'm sorry for all the highs and lows. Things will work out when they are supposed to. Love you tons dear friend.
Cherlynn
We are praying for you also! I hope she comes back! Love you!
PRAYING((((((((((((()))))))))
erin does that mean if we don't pray i... i... wont get to babysit. man, i've always wanted to babysit. its been my dream sense i was born. you'll get the baby i know it you want to know why. cause we've been praying in every prayer we say and we have for prested holders in our family so that prayer is the strongest prayer you'll get. wow erin this is some...........i'm thinking............n.e.w.si love you erin and our prayers are at the top of all the temples in the world. muah♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥☺!!!!!
What a sweet message from your Loni. I was just checking to see if there was any new news. Love ya.
Are you OK? David and Drusilla forwarded Patrick's message. I think you're not quite back to square one. Everything is ready! I hope you are feeling the love of your friends, family, and the Lord.
I am an experienced adoptive mamma here (both in failed placements and successful ones). My heart hurts for you b/c I know how this feels. Half of you is thinking "will we ever hear from them again?".. and the other half just has to trust the bond you have made...
Hang in there...... if you need to talk or vent to someone who has bt/dt, feel free to drop by my blog... you have commented there before.
Otherwise, I hope to hear a good message soon.....
Oh my goodness...to be that close. My comment could be so lenghty, but I'll keep it short. Know that my prayers are with you.
Just wanted to let you know that we are still holding you up in prayer. (((hugs)))
no words come to me, however I do know that Father has great plans in store for you. MO is right. I could not have said it any better.
Oh my goodness...Erin, I will for sure keep you guys in my prayers..I HOPE everything works out. I know how much this means to you both.
You are in my prayers, Erin!
Post a Comment