Saturday, May 7, 2011

Life…

I just spent the last hour looking at family pictures.  Pictures of Cal when he was just a baby.  Pictures of him at 9 months old… the current age of Ellie.  Pictures of Ellie as a newborn.  Pictures of the kids over the last couple of months. 

The pictures tell such a sweet story.  So many incredible memories attached to each photo.  My babies are still young, but how on earth does time roll along so quickly?  It seriously makes my head spin.

The last couple of months have been very eventful for our little family.  So many great experiences, leaving us with smiles… and some experiences leaving us with a deep appreciation for life and a new understanding of just how fragile it is. 

I found a journal from when I was 9 years old.  Every other entry is several months apart, with an apology, even an brilliant excuse why I hadn’t written in so long.  Excuses such as being SOOO busy.  How busy can a 9 year old be?  The truth is, I’ll never know what I was so busy doing because I never wrote it down.  Sad. 

But now it is more than just me.  I have little ones that I need to write for.  I have felt prompted on more than one occasion to write down an experience and then talked myself into waiting… waiting until I could formulate my thoughts in an elegant way and then never followed through.  Again, sad.

I have decided to remove the comment option from my blog.  I love having a blog- for family and friends far away to follow our life if they’d like.  But I am realizing that with the option for comments I sometimes feel I am writing to an audience rather than to my babies.  Is that weird?  Perhaps.  But I think it will allow me to think only of them and hopefully will take away the strange pressure I have put upon myself to write a great post.  Instead I will just post about life.  Our simple, beautiful life. 

I have lots of catching up to do! 

Here we go…