Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day

Mothers day is a very special day. For me it is a very beautiful, humbling day. It is the day mothers are honored.


I feel so blessed to have a loving mother that has always supported me in everything I do. She worked hard to provide her children with a good life… She blessed us with a great life! I love you mom!


IMG_9390On this day my sweet husband is so thoughtful. He always surprises me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a tender card that makes me cry. He also buys me a new perfume that he picksIMG_5455 out just for me. For an entire year I get to wear this gift. I love this tradition! He makes IMG_5474a delicious breakfast and I always request steak sandwiches for dinner with peppers and gooey melted cheese on a thick roll- heavenly! Cal and Ellie helped me make a yummy dessert this year, one of my favorite things to do with my children.


But I will be honest, Mothers Day to me is sweetly emotional. I am daily appreciative and mindful of my children’s birth-moms… but on this day my heart overflows with gratitude and love. As I squeeze my babies tight I am overcome with appreciation for the decision Jenny and Brooke made to make us a family… to make me a mother. The sacrifice they made to give their babies a father and a mother is, in my opinion, the greatest sacrifice any person can give. I honor them with all my heart. Because of them my life long dream of being a mother is a precious reality.


So instead of writing it “Mother’s Day” I think of it as Mothers Day without the apostrophe. I do not feel this day belongs to me. It is because of their love that I carry the title of mother and it is a day I will always lovingly share with them.


To all of us… “Happy Mothers Day”