Monday, April 20, 2009

Our First Two Weeks...

Dear Little Cal,

Two weeks ago you officially became ours. We love you so much, and already we can't imagine our life without you!

So much has happened in such a short amount of time...

Your birth mother was so kind to allow us to be there at the hospital. What a blessing for us! We were able to hold you right after you were born. We instantly fell in love with you! Daddy and I could not stop smiling- we felt so incredibly happy!

Daddy was able to give you your very first bottle. You did a great job drinking it up!

Mommy gave you your first bath. You loved having your hair washed. We sure love all of your thick hair! I think daddy is jealous! :)


We brought you home on Monday, April 6. Grammy and Grampy come to visit with Aunt Lynell and your cousins Justin, Jalen, Johnny and Lonica. We had a wonderful time and they thought you were the cutest baby ever!


The very next day you had a doctors appointment. We were sad to find out that your jaundice levels continued to raise and we needed to take you to Primary Children's Hospital. We stayed right by your side.


You had to stay under the Bili lights for several days. We were so worried.

But you made us smile... You looked so cute we could hardly stand it!




We thought you looked like you were chillin' at the beach with your awesome sunglasses.

On Friday we were so excited to bring you home. We were so thankful you were all better and now we could hold you all the time... we never put you down.


Grammy and Grampy came to visit and they gave you lots and lots of loves. Grammy helped feed you in the middle of the night when you were hungry. She was a great help to mommy!

You sure loved Grammy and Grampy!



That weekend was Easter and we were excited to dye eggs with you. You did a great job! :)

On Sunday, daddy and I went to Church and Grammy stayed home with you to keep you healthy. You are wearing your new Easter outfit from Grammy in this picture.

Grammy and Grampy had to go back home a couple days after Easter. We miss them so much!

We now spend our days singing songs, telling stories and dancing around the house- it is heaven!

Today you had your 2 week check up. The doctor told us you looked PERFECT... we told him that we already knew that! :)

We love you so much Calan. We love being a family!!

We cannot believe it has only been two weeks!

Time is a funny thing, because we feel like we have known you forever.

Much love,

Mommy and Daddy

19 comments:

Laura said...

What a sweet and heartfelt letter :) These are the times that you will look back on one day and relive all of these wonderful feelings! We are glad that Cal is with you too :)

Marie Rayner said...

Erin and Patrick, you look like you were meant for just this! I love seeing your happy glowing faces and sweet little Calan. He is a very lucky little boy to have you all in his life. I am sending lots of love to you all! XXOO

Marla said...

ERin, every picture I've seen of you since Cal was born, your face absolutely shows the joy you are feeling. I asked Dave yesterday how you were (I knew he talked to you) and he said, "She's ecstatic...you can imagine how happy she is." It brings us so much joy to know how fulfilled you and Patrick feel right now. We love you all and can't wait to meet that little boy!

Lori said...

I am so unbelievably happy for you guys! I hope i get to meet Calan some day...but then i haven't met Anna either!

i think you should both meet in the lobby of mt timp temple about 3:30 on a thursday afternoon....that is about the time i walk in to start my shift...

Tricia said...

I'm so excited to meet him! So happy for you both! I bet it's a knife in his heart every day Patrick has to leave for work!

Heather said...

Beautiful words, beautiful baby, happy family!

Leslie said...

erin he is soo cute. you guys both radiate love. we are so happy for you!

hoLLy said...

oh, that calan knows he is loved! you guys are the cutest parents. so so happy for you and your family. the joy just radiates from the pictures and your sweet words.

and what a stud in those sunglasses! :) glad he is doing better now.

Tara said...

Oh that just did something to my little heart. Thank you for sharing. I've never met him but I can tell he's a sweetie and will be very loved!

Becca said...

I can't believe it's been two weeks and I haven't even seen him yet! That's going to change real soon! I am so happy for you guys and love that you are finally the family you've been waiting for forever to be!

Julie Baldwin said...

I'm glad I'm not the only Mommy who spends all day "singing songs, telling stories and dancing around the house." It truly is heaven! I'm so happy for you guys.

Grammy Staffy said...

Oh my goodness sweetheart.... are we BLESSED or what!!! I am so happy... so thankful for our little Calan and the joy he has already brought into our lives...into our family. How I love Jenny for the selfless, loving decision she made. I pray for her daily.

Like you, I can't believe we have only had Cal for two weeks... it seems like I have loved him forever. Tell him that his Grammy loved our middle of the night and early morning dinner dates. I can still feel him snuggled against my shoulder making his baby noises and filling my heart with warmth. That was pure heaven to me. Tell him I miss him so much and I can't wait to visit him again.

You and Patrick are wonderful parents. I am so happy for you, Calan and all of us. WHAT JOY!!! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I am so unbelievably happy for the two....three of you! What a blessing. Congratulations Staff!!!!

Lynell said...

So sweet! Cant wait to come and be with you guys again! We love you so much!

Amandawhatever said...

HI this is Amanda. How are you guys that is funny how about the sunglasses at the beach but i feel bad it has to go back to the doters over and over almost i have a reword for you on my blog love amanda

Shannon said...

I could say a million things about how cute this post is. But I'm just gonna say that my favorite part is that you get to sign Mommy and Daddy. What a dream.

Kelly said...

Erin, your blog always makes me cry - even if it is a happy story. It was great to see you guys the other day.

j- said...

Erin- this is so sweet!!! He is absolutely adorable and you must be so in love!! Funny how that works, huh? It's instant and real. What a wonderful thing it is to experience life with a family!!

Rachel and Todd said...

Oh Cal is so darling! You are such cute parents. Parenthood is the most amazing thing!!