At 22 months old Mr. Calan is more fun everyday as he discovers the world around him. He is so full of personality.
I have been wanting to write this down forever... but everyday the list seems to grow and I put it off wanting to get a perfect picture to go with it. I decided to write this down even without pictures- I just don't want to forget his current list of Favorite Things.
Calan's Favorites:
Candy- our little man is a junk food junkie. We rarely have candy around the house, but it does not stop him from asking for it ALL THE TIME. He uses sign language and a very hopeful facial expression. He will accept the Altoid breath mints in my purse. They are strong for me... but gobbles them up! He has started saying the word 'anny' for candy.
Money- He has an obsession with money... just coins. One day he found a penny on the floor. I showed him how to put it in his pocket and he thought that was so cool. Then we went to the mall and we bought an ice cream cone. I had him get out his penny and give it to the man and in return we got ice cream... he was AMAZED! I now find coins in all of his pants when I do laundry. He uses the word 'anny' for money as well.
Bubbles- This is one word (other than mama and daddy) that he uses all the time. I did not realize how many things have bubbles... milk when I pour it, soap on his hands, toots in the bath. :) One evening while in the tub Cal farted and just giggled and giggled that he had made "bubbles". Now anytime he toots he points to him bum and says "bubbles mama, bubbles"
Ice- Like Patrick, Cal loves ice. He and Patrick can sit and chomp on it endlessly. It makes me cold just to watch them. He like to say it as well... "iceee"
Ice Cream- Cal signs 'ice cream' at least 20 times a day. When I ask what he wants for breakfast or lunch he always tells me he wants ice cream. He never gets ice cream for a meal, but he is hopeful that one day I will give in- sorry buddy, it's not going to happen. One night he woke up crying. It was 3am and his diaper had leaked all over. I got him out of bed and was changing his PJ's when he got a HUGE smile on his face and then signed "ICE CREAM?" I am pretty sure he sleeps with sugar plum fairies dancing in his head.
Water- Wawa. Cal LOVES water. Most mornings he jumps in the shower with Patrick. He loves to play and has absolutely no fear. Often he will stand at the kitchen sink and 'help' me with the dishes. He could stand there all day!
Chapped Stick- This is a new obsession. He loves it so much he created his own sign language for it. He points to his cheek and then pops his lips. He puts it on so thick I could write my name in it! But he doesn't stop with his lips... it ends up all over his cute little face.
Brushing his teeth- Cal LOVES to brush his teeth... correction Cal loves tooth paste. I know it's not good for him to swallow so I only give him a little bit and every time he cries that I won't give him the whole tube.
Mario Cart Wii- Lonica came to stay with us and pulled out our Mario Cart to play. Cal was amazed! He now will ask to play by saying to me "Vroom vroom" I must also mention that Lonica is one of Cal's favorite things- smile. When she comes to visit he calls for her more than he calls for me, "Yanny, Yanny"
The Kitchen Stool- This should be a post all in itself. Cal loves to be right next to me in the kitchen. If I move to another location he quickly hops down and scoots it over to where I am. I love that he wants to help and be apart of whatever I'm doing.
Pretend play- Cal's imagination is growing every day. He latest fascination is while we're driving he will say to me, "Mama... Sssssss" to which I will reply, "Oh no Calan, is there a snake in the car?" and he will giggle. Then he will say, "Moo" or "Arf Arf" So fun!
Seriously, everyday is a new adventure with our little man. He is almost 2 years old and we can hardly believe it!
Mr. Calan, we love you so much!
Family is the best!
7 years ago



5 comments:
Erin, thanks for sharing Cal's favourites with us. He sounds like such a little joy. It is hard to believe he is almost 2 years old already! The time sure has flown! but then again it has been 2 years since I saw you all in Utah! Happy times! xxoo
How fun to make a list of these things. You'll be glad you've preserved it. I look back at some posts about the words my great niece could say at difference stages in her babyhood, and I've already forgotten most of it and she's only 4 years old. Cal sounds like quite a little personality...just adorable.
So cute!
You'll treasure this post! So great to write all this fun stuff down!
Our Cal is such a little darling... so full of fun. He makes me smile... and you make me smile making this list.
I surely do love both of you.... and I love spending time with you.
Many hugs, Mom
So fun! We sure love that boy! He is on our favorite list. smile
Post a Comment