When my sister's second child was born I claimed him as my own. Justin was my little love and everyone knew that I was his favorite (smile). He was my best buddy.
.
I can honestly say I don't know how time has gone so quickly. It was just yesterday he would run up to me and I would scoop him up and hold him tight.
.
On Sunday Justin had his mission farewell at church. He has been called to serve in Guatemala, the exact location as my dad so many years ago. How very cool!
.
I sat at church surrounded by family, listening to this young man in awe. Such a strong spirit. Such powerful testimony. Such a good boy about to embark in the full time service of his Heavenly Father. He is prepared and he will be an amazing missionary.
.
Tears flowed but they are selfish tears. We will miss him very much. Two years is a very long time especially to my young children. We will have to send lots of pictures and tell lots of stories of their missionary cousin serving the Lord. Calan will be 3 years old and Miss Ellie will be 2 when he returns. I can't even imagine it.
.
I sat looking at my own children. I thought about how quickly Justin had grown up and for a moment had a glimpse of how one day I will wonder how my little ones had grown up so quickly.
.
There are many long nights and crazy days, but I can honestly say I love every experience with my small children. I cannot wait for Cal to start talking, or for Cal and Ellie to be able to play together- but I do not want to speed up time in the slightest. I need to cherish each moment.
.
God be with you, Justin. I know He will be! We are so very proud of you!



3 comments:
Justin will be the best missionary I am sure! Although I didn't get to spend a lot of time with him when I was in Utah, I did get to spend some and I could tell that he was a special young man. Your whole family is special to me. I love you all dearly. Hold on to these precious moments with your wee ones dear Erin, as the time passes even quicker than you think it will! It is gone seemingly in the blink of an eye. xxoo
Wasn't Justin's farewell a wonderful meeting and a wonderful day. I am so thankful that this dear grandson has prepared himself and is ready to serve the Lord.
Two years is a long time but it will go fast. I will miss him too but I know that both he and our whole family will be blessed by his missionary service. I remember how special it was when you and Dave were on your missions.
I took a picture collage of Ellie to the temple tonight. All of the workers think she is the cutest baby girl ever! Of course I agree with them.
We just got home and it is late. How I miss all of you...especially my little sleep-over partner, Ellie.
Much love to you all, Mom
Wow Erin, I can't believe he's that old either and I don't even really know him. But I remember when he was born!! Something about missionary farewells that reallys spark something in me, I guess that makes sense since I have 4 BOYS!! What a time in their life! So many mixed emotions! What an accomplishment to get to that point. Calan will be there in no time!
Post a Comment