Monday, August 9, 2010

Simply Amazing...

It is amazing....


There are a lot of amazing things in our life, but right now here are my top 3...


1. It is amazing that this sweet little spirit has been in our home less than 24 hours and yet it's as though we have known her forever.

2. It is amazing how much love we feel for our sweet Ellie. I have sat with her, looking at her beautiful face all day and am in awe of her calm and tender disposition. 3. It is amazing how much Cal grew up over night. He looks bigger and acts older. I think he's showing off for his little sis. Here he's helping me feed her.

For the first time today I've put down our little girl to type up this post, so I'm going to make this a quick one. :)

Looking into the face of a newborn is to feel the love of God. So pure, so precious.

Simply Amazing.

16 comments:

Lori said...

She is such a doll! So happy for you. I love her smile.

Becca said...

She is SO BEAUTIFUL! And how on earth you managed to get a picture of a 4 day old baby smiling is beyond me. I can't wait to come over and meet her and to get to feel the love of God first hand! I'm so happy for you!!!!

Silvija said...

What precious pictures. I can't believe that our Elli is smiling at us..... didn't she read the text book that says newborns don't smile????

Sil and I love the pictures and we love you too.

I wish that I were there... can't wait until next week. Hugs, Mom

Silvija said...

Hi Hon,
It is me again from Sil's house. We came to in show Ron the pictures and found the new one with Cal feeding Elli. So cute. We are so happy and so thankful. My heart is full of gratitude..... my prayers are with all of you and Brooke and her family. Much love, Mom

Sil and Ron send their best too.

Amy Rae said...

Erin and Patrick- I am so thrilled for the both of you. She was always meant to be yours- and I know that you will always treat her as the gift she is. I am so grateful for this blessing in your family. Love you, Amy

Keira said...

Her eyes are simply gorgeous! What a beautiful daughter you have! I love all of these updated blog posts ;)

Marie Rayner said...

She is so beautiful Erin. I am so happy for you all. What a lovely family you have! I am guessing I better get cracking on making TWO sock monkeys now! xxoo

The Imes Family said...

This is so wonderful Erin!! She is absolutely precious. When I had my second baby, I was touched how loving they were with each other. Those interactions are some of my most tender memories. Enjoy!! Families are Forever.

Annie said...

She is so gorgeous! I need to meet her. We need to get together soon, and I mean it this time ;)

Jenn said...

Erin,

I'm so excited for you and Patrick--and so glad your blog isn't private any longer! I've missed reading your updates. Your little Cal is so big, and that sweet Ellie is the most precious thing!

When I think of all you've gone through to get you little ones, it makes me think of Zechariah 9:12. You certainly have been rewarded with "double"! It couldn't have happened to a better person!

channybabe said...

Staff, I am so so happy for you!!! Ellie is so beautiful!!!! And Cal is getting so big!!! Congrats Love always, Chantelle

lilli said...

She is soooo beautiful! What a lovely little miracle she is :)
Love,
lilli

Baak Talk said...

Erin,

What a wonderful surprise to find you have added on to your family! She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! And that smile... no way is that gas! What an amazing event.

Who ever coined the phrase "words cannot express.." hit it right on. Congratulations just doesn't seem to be enough!

Tawny Crane said...

What a beautiful baby girl I can't believe she is already smiling!! She must know what a good mom you are!

Kris said...

THRILLS, SMILES, LOVE, Congrats....all coming your way from us!

Keith Family said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Hopefully we can come see her soon.