Thursday, February 21, 2008

Marriage...


I've heard it said many times that the first year of marriage is the hardest. This is understandable, two lives coming together, different opinions, different cleaning styles, different genders, etc. etc. etc. We are now heading towards our second year of marriage and I can honestly say it has been the happiest year and a half of my life. If the first year was the hardest, I am giddy with anticipation for the next 50.

Perhaps waiting to get married until I was 33 years old had something to do with it, but I love everything about being married. Some women complain about picking up after their husband, doing his dishes, cleaning his whiskers out of the bathroom sink... I love the fact that I get to live with my "boyfriend", even with his boy smells and a baseball cap in every corner. I love that I get to eat dinner with my best friend every night. I love that my husband is manly enough to have to shave everyday! I love falling asleep in his arms. I love that he's always willing to warm up my freezing feet and I love waking up with my man right next to me. I never have to wonder what I'm doing on Friday night, because as far as I'm concerned, curling up with him on the couch and watching an old movie with some extra butter popcorn is as good as it gets!

We are so blessed!

Yep... Life is good!

4 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

You two make me so happy.You are such a sweet couple. I can tell you that after 42 years it still gets better and better. Love, Mom

Kate and Peter Lowe said...

Erin- I'm so glad that I found you on here. I'm not gonna lie I kind of played stalker :) I was looking at the SOHI blog and I thought you would probably have one for yourself too. Your pictures are so cute and I'm glad to see that you two are doing so well! I love and miss you! -Kate Payne Lowe

Camy and Jimmy said...

Hmmm... I don't think i have ever wanted to get married more in my life... Your description is exactly what i'm looking forward to! Now i know who to go to when i need tips on how to have the "perfect" marriage! Thank you for your adorable example! i love you both so much! :)

Erin said...

Oh goodness... of course we are no where near perfect, but we sure have fun trying!!