Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back to life... Back to reality!

We got back from our cruise to Mexico yesterday.

We had a GREAT time, but it was also nice to get back home...

However,

It is about 50 degrees colder here in Utah.

I didn't wake up in a different exotic place this morning.

Nobody made my bed and tidied up for me this morning.

There was no breakfast waiting for me.

No one asked to refill my drink or offer me another danish.

When I finished eating, no one cleared my plate.

I didn't get to lay on a lawn chair and read my book in the sun.

I didn't get to spend all day with my cute husband and our sweet baby doing whatever we wanted.

I didn't eat one single ice cream cone today.

I didn't get to spend time with my parents.

My parents didn't get to spend time with their grandson.

I didn't get dressed up for dinner tonight.

I didn't eat a gourmet dinner with several courses and multiple options.

AND no body turned down my bed covers and left a little chocolate.

Sigh...

But yet, life is good! Yep, life is good!

10 comments:

Keira said...

Yup, I'm officially jealous. Sounds like you had a GREAT time! Do we get to see any pictures?

Kristi said...

Wow! so fun! Jealous! Glad you had such a great time AND you deserved the pampering! :)

Christine said...

Re-entry is painful, isn't it! What would life be like if we were constantly on vacation? Could be fun to find out!

Laura said...

We are glad to have you back! This is such a fun tradition that you and your little family have started!

Marie Rayner said...

haha, sounds like fun!! I loved the pics you posted on facebook! It looks like you all have had a fabulous time! Do you realize it's been almost a year since we got to meet in person!! Hasn't it gone quickly! xxoo

Marla said...

Yeowzas! I need that kind of treatment! Like, right now!

Leslie said...

Wouldn't it be nice to be pampered like that all the time? Although, it would probably get old huh. Nevermind, it wouldn't :)

Grammy Staffy said...

No Leslie, the pampering does not get old. We had a wonderful week with all of you dear daughter. What a great little cruiser Cal is. We had so much fun with him ...and ...you and Pat of course...however, Cal did steel the show. Can you believe how he attracted people to him where ever he went. What lovely memories we have of our time together.

However, I am thankful that the 3 of you were not on this last cruise. The day in Cabo was great but the trip home in 15 to 22 ft. waves and a wave of food poisoning made it a trip to remember but not for good reasons.

We miss you more than ever after spending such a great week together. Thanks for getting us to go on that fun cruise together.
XOXOX, Mom

Baak Talk said...

Danny and I took that cruise for our honeymoon. SO FUN!!

Coming back to reality, not so fun. But it's mostly just the mundane chores, the feeling of home, can't replace it!

Marta said...

Reading this makes me even more excited to go on our cruise at the end of the month! It's fun to just get away and be pampered, but if we had that every day we probably wouldn't appreciate it as much! Not that it wouldn't be awesome, but probably not realistic. Sometimes there is comfort in coming back to reality and our own life as we know it! And you're right, it is good, not chocolate on your pillow good, but good none the less!