We have experienced a bit of heaven on Earth. Our court date was set on October 16 for our adoption finalization. We were thrilled! And what added to our joy was having so many of our family join us. With family members all over the country, it was a big sacrifice for them to come.
My parents arrived first... a week before our big day. It is always such a treat to have them visit. My dad needed to head up to my sister's house to help out with some things, so my mom and I played. We went shopping, out to eat and she even helped me redecorate my living room. It was so fun!
Patrick's parents arrived soon after. They drove all the way from Indiana- a 3 day journey- wow! They have not seen Cal since he was 2 months old and they could not believe how much he had grown. He loved hearing grandma sing and grandpa could always make Cal smile.
Patrick's parents brought an extra special gift... a high chair for Cal. But this was not any ordinary high chair, this was the same chair used by Patrick's dad as a baby and also used by Patrick and all of his siblings, and most of the nieces and nephews. It is beautiful and packed full of sentiment. We love it! It completes our dining room perfectly! Cal looks so big as he sits in it.
Knowing they were bringing the chair we decided to give it a formal debut and save Cal's first solid foods for it. We started with rice cereal. (I just realized that I took all of those pictures with Patrick's parents camera- oops!) He spit more of it out than he swallowed, but it was a great first try! We gave him a graham cracker for dessert and he LOVED it!
That night my brother, David and his family arrived (Marla, Emma, Grace, Davey and Baby Evan). They flew in from Ohio and we sure wish they lived closer! Cal loved meeting them!
Little Evan is almost 2 months younger than Cal. He is equally squishy- we love those chubby babies- so dang cute! We had a night of pumpkin carving. These kids are so creative! We had a great time. With so many pumpkins we had lots of yummy seeds to roast- delicious!
(Our special day will be my next post:)



7 comments:
Erin, such a wonderful time to have all your family around! I loved seeing all the pictures and of course I can picture everything for real as I have been in your lovely home and a recipient of your beautiful hospitality. Lucky me!! Little Cal is growing like a beautiful weed. What a little cutie pie he is! I was so happy to hear that all had gone through as planned and that he is now yours forever and forever!! xxoo
Congrats Erin! So happy for you and your sweet family:)!
I am so happy for you guys! What a beautiful son that you have! how fun that your family all came for this amazing occasion.
It really was heaven on earth wasn't it!!! I just keep thinking about it over and over. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father has blessed us so much. I had a wonderful time with you and the whole family. I am thankful that all of our family could come together to celebrate this special time with you. I will treasure the memory of this special time forever in my heart. My only complaint is that the two weeks went by way too fast. I love you dear...more than words can say. Have a great week to come. I can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving.
Love, Mom
It's in these moments when perspective is brought back into perspective and you realize what the true treasures in life are and how very rich you really are!
What an exciting day. Wish I could have been there to live it with you!
What great memories! (Minus the Swine Flu part...) Everytime we're with your family we wonder WHY in the world we don't live closer - it is so hard to say goodbye. We love you!
Congratulations! How fun to so much of you family together.
Post a Comment