Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Little Lessons You Teach Me...


Dear Calan,

You are now 5 months old and you seem to have a new trick everyday. We love watching you explore the world around you.

Your latest trick is rolling over, from back to front. But the interesting thing is that we have never been able to catch you doing it. We find the outcome of your labor when we go into your room and find you on your belly.

You move all over your little crib at night and once in a while you get stuck in the corner in a crazy position. Sometimes I think this scares you and wakes you up from your slumber. You cry out in the night and we come to "rescue" you, put you once again on your back and kiss you on the forehead. You quickly fall back asleep.

This has happened several night in a row now.

Last night, at 3am and only half awake I walked into your room and placed you in the middle of your crib. As with most little lessons you teach me, a thought rushed across my mind.

There are situation that I get into that I cannot get out of by myself. Sometimes I struggle too long on my own trying to make it right instead of crying out to my Savior for help.

Why do I hesitate? Why don't I go to Him first thing?

Why do I wrestle with the same problem over and over only to allow it to bring me stress and heartache.

My Savior can remove that burden. I need to allow Him to help me move to a "new position".

Thank you my son, for being an example to me.

10 comments:

Laura said...

You are such and awesome mom! Cal is VERY lucky to have you as parents :)

Peggy Glasmann said...

What a great way to look at life! Sometimes the struggle is how we learn. What a wise Heavenly Father who allows this. We just need to remember that in the struggle!

Grammy Staffy said...

Beautiful dear....now I am really bawling...not to mention all the tears from laughter this morning on the phone....now tears of emotion thinking of Justin...tears of thankfullness for Cal and you and Pat...my nose is red today and it is all your fault...lol.

I love you and Pat and CAl and I think you are all perfect for each other. XOXOX

Lynell said...

So sweet. We sure are lucky to have Cal in our family. Oh the things we can learn from being parents. How wonderful!

Marla said...

Erin - I feel like a loser, I have missed so many of your great posts. I haven't been a great reader of blogs since Ev's been born. But I will be better - I love your sweet posts about Cal. Can't wait to see you all!

Annie said...

I miss you my friend! We seriously need to do something when I come up because I miss you! And I want to see Calan so badly. He is so cute!

Marie Rayner said...

Erin, you amaze me with your words. I seriously loved this. I love reading about you and Patrick and Cal anyways, but when you bring the Saviour into it, it becomes so tender and perfect. You really touched my heart with this. xxoo

Marco said...

Cal is great. I love the whole family. Hope he comes to Africa oneday

Marco said...

Cal is great. I love the whole family. Hope he comes to Africa oneday

Anjella said...

Just wanted to tell you I was here and I loved catching up on your blog. You are such a cute sweet family. Thanks for sharing your special moments with us.